I have just finished reading Robert Moroe's Far Journeys and have to wonder about his "recalling" of the experiences he had. For example: In this book a "rote" seems to be a piece of knowledge, or a perception. I'm probably not explaining this very well on its own, so I will use my own comparative example. Let's say I dream about a person that could be me, or someone else, or both at once. I record as soon as I awake. Now if I mention this person, I can either move on to what I think is vital, or go deeper with that person (or anything else). Like I can probably recall an entire history of this person's life that has nothing to do with the overall aspect of the dream that I want to record, so I might skip it and move on. Now here's the thing of it: When I'm done recording at that moment...I'm done. I will of course look back at the entry, but I won't add to it, unless it's noted the additions were added later. The reason for this is I think my perception of the dream will change later. What I mean to say is, my immediate interpretation will be different from one recorded later. Far Journeys is a great book, but the author does not go into much detail about how he recorded these experiences and put them together in a narrative format. I could gather he kept a not pad nearby and recorded what he could upon "re-entry". But then he mentions how he would sit in isolation to document the "rote" he recorded.

Opinions, thoughts? Anyone?