Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: factoids factoids.

Blog Entries

Re: factoids factoids.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    OMG they are so cute!
    Also known as the Mouse Deer. You can see why.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Wow really? Haha makes me feel weird now saying bucks, then again I feel weird when saying dollars.

cool. that leaves wonderin about the phrase "pass the buck".
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tutor View Post
    cool. that leaves wonderin about the phrase "pass the buck".
    English is not my mother tongue , first is my native language , second is it's main-most dialect , third is the language of our own province ,fourth is the sub-dialect most everyone speaks here and ,fifth is chinese and in the last and least is english
    (My mother and father are from different provinces and their provincial languages are different , I understand both perfectly but can't speak or converse in them)
    I was curious what "Pass the buck" meant , so I looked it up

Poker became very popular in America during the second half of the 19th century. Players were highly suspicious of cheating or any form of bias and there's considerable folklore depicting gunslingers in shoot-outs based on accusations of dirty dealing. In order to avoid unfairness the deal changed hands during sessions. The person who was next in line to deal would be given a marker. This was often a knife, and knives often had handles made of buck's horn - hence the marker becoming known as a buck. When the dealer's turn was done he 'passed the buck'.
    Source

isn't it interesting that when humans run out of things to blame on they go for other species lol ?

pass the buck.
    use as scapegoat.
    Last edited by DarkChylde; 22nd May 2013 at 09:11 AM. Reason: forgot to add source.

cool. wow, deeply fair. i had not looked it up. it came spontaneously to write as responce in the above reply. this is what i see from the exchange: 'the deal changed hands during sessions' and 'the Spirit listeth where it will'. keeps the peace, i reckon so. and a buck is four quarters.

i suppose we all are far removed from our first native language, yet somehow, it is all relevant. i feel blessed to be able to share a few words with you. I only speak english/american with a hillbilly dialect that usually gets a good ribben.

once in the woods i heard dogs barking in a chase, and i heard something running towards me. I stood very still and a doe came right to me, completely spent, leaned up against me, and i put my hands one both sides of it. the dogs came, and i set em to moving away in the direction of the chase, the does did not move. when the dogs were far enough away, and the does was rested, i removed my hands, and like a loaded spring the does flew back in the direction from where she came. I then moved between her and the dogs, continuing to shout at them, running them away.

no doubt the doe returned to one or more fawns left in separated hiding as she drew away the dogs.

several days later i got my harley out and took a ride up the road. just about parallel to where i was, which was off the road with the doe, out came a buck with a head full of antlers. i let off the throttle and coasted for a good bit just before a curve. the buck ran in the ditch next to the road along with me, or me with him, either way. his head was turned to me and my head to him, we just took oneanother in. his feet hammered the ground and as he ran he breath snorted out of his nostrils, in time with the hammer of my harley idling along.

when coming up to the curve, there was a gravel driveway where gravel was always strewn into the curve. so i knew i had to break our mutual glance. but i didnt have to, because the buck broke it off for us, and in a great leap was gone into the woods. and i just coasted around the curve and went on up the road.

months later there was a mandatory shutdown of our local dog shelter. they'd had too many dogs and too little manpower. so we went over and got three dogs, brought em home. one of em was a rhodesian(sp?) ridgeback, big ole dog with no manners. couldnt do much with that dog, too set in his ways i reckon. one day that dang dog came chuggin up the hill to our house, and in his mouth was draped a yearling deer. i sat there and watched that dog eat every morsel of that deer. when he was done, i got me a leash, hooked his collar, got my pistol, and we took us walk deep into the woods, where i knew of a intersection of deer trails was. the dog sat down and i loved on him, and then i put him down, left him lying in the intersection of trails. i responsibly reckoned it to be humane all the way around, ya see.

some time later i was sitting, or perched, on a log across the creek. my eyes shut, just being present. listening. some deer came, does and fawns, and they layed just away from me, up the slope a bit. i just set there looking at them looking at me. i was ready for them to get up and move on when they did. it is good to be accepted in life.

was a long time ago. i guess i was in my mid to late thirtys then. yep, a different me, but the same me all in all.

i hope you dont mind my having shared that.

albino peacocks are notoriously aggressive , apart from attacking other peacocks it's advised to not keep them domesticated lest they attack the keeper.
    (i understand that swans and geese are notoriously foul tempered and prone to attack people also) i wonder if it's a part of their nature like rottweilers or if i'ts a "mood" thing.
    292611_310818928985690_13407576_n.jpg
    i put this picture on my mom's facebook wall she says she swears she can hear the colored peacock going "Jesus!Woah!what in the hell..!!" from it's expression hahaha!!!

Blog Entries

Do you speak Japanese, DC? Just curious.
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

i'm pretty good it at it , but i never studied it under expertise or tutelage , iv'e been reading manga (japanese comics) and watching anime (japanese animation) ever since iv'e been young about 12/13 and on wards , what happens is you see people speaking japanese and see you the english subtitles underneath so over a number of years you start getting the gist of it , and after a decade or so you can pick up almost all of it.
    Also since the comics initially come out in japanese you have to wait for the english version to come out later, wanting to immediately jump onto the next installment without waiting i looked up a software that picks up the japanese and makes rough approximate english translations , since you know the plot from earlier you can connect the dots and make sense of it (it's either too formalized or ends up as gibberish).Again keeping at it for years seems to have helped.

DC,

Friend, I love this! "since you know the plot from earlier you can connect the dots and make sense of it (it's either too formalized or ends up as gibberish).Again keeping at it for years seems to have helped."

i had no idea watching animation and reading comics would earn me high praise one day! i'm thrilled about this!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast