Thread: Samadhi

Blog Entries

Samadhi

I have just started meditating on Monday of this week because I figured out I was doing it all wrong. I have started with five minutes and am now on 7 minutes. I think from now on I am going up another minute everyday and doing it in the morning and night. I want to reach the first stage of Samadhi hopefully within the year. I said something about me meditating all night in another forum but actually I was sleeping (lol). After this month though, I want to be steady thirty minutes and by next month 2 hours.

Ever since I heard of Samyama, I want to meditate even more often. Really I want to just go on and get rid of all my karma already because this planet is looking like it is going to have a war or something soon.

I would like to talk about my experience though the last couple of days. Since starting meditation, I already noticed I am much more calm and that reciting OM while meditating really helps. Now I try to focus on one object which I keep noticing which is Ether. Seems to appear around me all the times eyes opened or closed. It is my object of concentration. Today I went running and used the breathing technique right before running and during running and I ran further than I thought I could. I think it can only get better from here. Also at the first couple of minutes it is hard for me to get concentrated, but right before my timer rings I get all relaxed and it was irritating. That's why I cannot wait till I go further.

Thanks for reading.

Blog Entries

Re: Samadhi

Hi GMAN. Short story. I joined a Kryia meditation group some-odd years ago and I remember well what a struggle it was to 'meditate' for 30 minutes. It felt like forever. I stuck with it though. Now zoom forward three years and I travel to one of our groups in Colorado. We start our meditation and it occurred to me. I spoke to the group and said 'We're just a bunch of meditation junkies!" By which I meant, you can get hooked on it, just like anything else you like to do.

The big difference being meditation is not a vice - but very well could be. Thanks for your thoughts and keep us posted and most of all, stay centered.
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

In a dream, somewhere finding my way home

Well done. Probably my favorite text on the entire meditative cycle is Focused and Fearless, definitely worth checking out.

Soul
    Know Thyself

Blog Entries

Thanks guys.

5. Re: Samadhi

In the process of pursuing higher states of consciousness and clearing karma, try to remember to enjoy the journey for what it is. Enlightenment isn't a goal, it is an unfolding. In addition, it isn't about escaping physical reality; it is bringing an enlightened perspective down while being embodied. This perspective sees everything as perfect and divine, just the way it is.

This world is divine, you are divine. All is as it should be and there is nothing to escape. Just enjoy the unfolding and try not to rush things.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheFifth View Post
    In the process of pursuing higher states of consciousness and clearing karma, try to remember to enjoy the journey for what it is.
    Good advice. The journey IS the goal. All we have is experience (and through us, Consciousness experiences), so the scenery "along the way" is just as important as the "destination" (which isn't actually a destination at all ).

Enlightenment isn't a goal, it is an unfolding.
    Indeed. Awakening is only the beginning. Once you're lucid in a dream, there's so much more do learn and do and experience. Achieving the lucidity is just the very first step. Becoming lucid in the reality-dream is pretty much the same.

In addition, it isn't about escaping physical reality; it is bringing an enlightened perspective down while being embodied. This perspective sees everything as perfect and divine, just the way it is.
    Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water.

This world is divine, you are divine. All is as it should be and there is nothing to escape.
    Amen. Or... Namaste. Or... Yeah, that's it. Or something.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

7. Re: Samadhi

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyWoman View Post
    Amen. Or... Namaste. Or... Yeah, that's it. Or something.
    Namaste