Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blind OBE

Blog Entries

Blind OBE

Just cutting and pasting latest jouranl entry.

I’m asleep in the guest bed. It’s just after 4.30am. I’m using the salt cube timer for rhythm napping. I become aware I’m lying at the wrong angle and I reach out and feel the leg of the bed. I realise I’m lying on carpet but I’m not cold. I hear my Mum and my sister in the next room but I remember that I’ve been using rhythm napping and I become lucid. I can’t see but I pull my finger and feel it extend like rubber. So far I’ve responded with neutral emotion to such realisations in lucid dreams but this time I cheer a little. It’s been awhile since anything exciting has happened.

As soon as I do this I begin to float upwards. The absence of astral vision is new twist but I’ve read about this and I’m not disturbed. I try the eye-pry method but nothing happens. I realise, as I’ve read, that it isn’t really a problem anyway, I know exactly where I am. I decide to float up through the roof. I’m moving up but it seems to be taking a long time. I decide to return to the room and try another way out. I start floating out the front of the house. This is orientated right of where my body is lying. I’m passing through the brick wall. I experience the similar odd sensation of mild resistance I felt when I put my hands through the mattress once before. It’s denser than moving through the roof but I make progress to the outside.

I’m on the steps but I’m losing lucidity. Even though the environment is my current home, I’m beginning to believe it’s my old house and I’m still a teenager. I’m trying to decide where I’ll go and what I’ll do. I think to visit an old boyfriend, as though we’re stilling seeing each other. I jump over the railings but I’m pulled down by gravity. Not suddenly or painfully but definitely. The experience ends.

I’m aware of myself in my bed. I hear rain (though it’s not raining) and in the right hand corner of the room I see a leak with water gushing down. It occurs to me that I see this from an angle outside my body. Then my right ear is ringing.

This experienced is followed by further dreaming without the timer. There are plenty of opportunities for lucidity but I've gone back to my own bed with my hubby, satisfied that this is enough for the night. The dreams are very instructive, even though they don't teach me anything I didn't already know, only that I wasn't really paying attention.

I wonder if the protective bubble I put around my house before sleep is the reason I couldn't breach the roof or go beyond the veranda railings. Psychological limitations perhaps.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Matt Guest
    Here's another trick to sense your surroundings if the eye pry thing doesn't work:

http://www.saltcube.com/out-of-body/cha ... at-is-here

Based on your description it sounds like you were doing that to a degree intuitively since you knew where you were. When you tried eye pry did it not work because you couldn't get your eyes open or because you could get them open but your eyes still didn't work?

Blog Entries

Thanks Matt, you're a legend!

Thanks again, Matt.

Your advice has been so valuable. Your rhythm napping method works so well for me because I usually struggle to relax. By interrupting my sleep I'm already relaxed and it's easy not to move too. Also, by approaching OBEs through lucid dreaming I've significantly bypassed the fear factor. In my experiences of lucid dreams to date, I haven't been all that emotional, which is a good thing.

In answer to your question, I couldn't get my eyes open.

Didn't anticipate astral blindness as it's never been a problem before. I suspect there's a reason for the experience this time around that I'll appreciate later. Had I anticipated blindness (as I probably should have) I would have been more prepared or, at least, a bit more creative in my own problem solving.

Anyway, thanks again. This experience felt like significant progress. I'm that little bit closer to a decent conscious projection.
    Williams)

Matt Guest
    It's great to hear you're making progress using those methods!

It's very frequent that people say they can't pry their eyes open because it's like they're glued shut. I think it's very possible that there are negs who are partially to blame for this. Here's what Lono wrote on the saltcube site

http://www.saltcube.com/out-of-body/cha ... 3&p=0#9788
    I once had an epic dream which began with my having to pry my eyes open, and they were covered with some gritty substance that I visualized as being nutmeg. I also saw (in my mind's eye) the person responsible for doing this, a Korean lady. She didn't mean any harm by it, but she was doing it as part of her "job" as the person who tended to the "slaves," (humans).

Once I pried open my eyes and began walking around, she didn't put up any struggle. It's as though her programming didn't factor that possibility in.
    I'm not really sure what to do about that except for the usual things that Robert Bruce recommends for negs. I've found that keeping the lights on in the room and using an eyemask can help reduce exit blindness. It might be that light prevents the glue stuff from working.

Blog Entries

Negs again?

Hi Matt,

When it comes to negs I'm trying to be very balanced and open to possibility. I don't want to scare myself silly but I also do suspect I have had a few neg encounters as a child and possibly much more recently:

http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewto ... highlight=

....I distinctly feel something get into bed with me, behind me. I somehow recognise it as familiar but I don’t know why. I feel it attempt to “attach” to my back and I react with an, “Oh, no you don’t” response. My feelings towards it are as towards a naughty child.

I turn over to prevent it from attaching, shoving it with my right hand. Initially, I think I’ve done this physically but it soon occurs to me that my physical body hasn’t moved at all. Now, though, I’m no longer quite in the mind-awake-body-asleep state.

I concentrate some time on protective measures but I’m surprised that I’m not really that unnerved.

The rest of the experiment is spent in dreams of varying lucidity (not as controlled as on a previous occasion) with some enjoyable flying.
    A day or so after the experience quoted above I visited my massage therapist. She immediately stated that I didn't look well and my back had returned to a poor state. (There were reasonable explanations for this, b.t.w) We got into our usual chat and she felt the "thing" was still attached to my back and was not in the least bit childlike or harmless. She set about removing it. I've seen her since and she's satisfied it's not there.

My own intuition was that I got rid of it when I gave it a shove.

The room where I practice is extremely cold but it is winter, the Southern Hemisphere and the room has a South westerly aspect. Also, it's an unheated guestroom. I'll take precautionary measures, nontheless. Easiest to err on the side of safety.

Okay, the eye thing. I'm prone to allegeries anyway but your information has made me wonder a bit. When I first began consciously trying to astral project, I would constantly have trouble with my left (dominant) eye. It would feel crumby and would take a lot of will power to ignore. I bought eye drops. They worked. But now I'm rethinking causes.

Also a couple of dreams have made me wonder. Several have seemed to imply that failure to raise enough energy isn't what is preventing me from consciously projecting. A new variation on this was a dream in which a hose was blasting water out of control. When I went to turn it off, there were two spiders and a slug at the attachment point. I removed them (with paper towelling that just happened to be handy) and stopped the hose. It's hard to know with dreams though if they're telling you something important or just reflecting general anxieties (I had started reading PPSD by then). Also, I have seen astral spiders several times over the years. Most recently, I saw two only a few months ago. They were only slightly larger than usual in a pre-sleep halluncinary type state (eyes open).

Up until now, I've preferred to think that negs are subconscious projections, hallucinations or, in some cases, mental illness. Bulhman claims to have projected for 30 years without encountering a single neg. I know my preference to believe this is also because I don't really want to believe in the existence of a whole other level of evil that humanity has to deal with (and, if it does exist, I know that doesn't make it go away). Certainly, I wouldn't like to see a return to witch hunts and hysteria Arthur-Miller-style because the whole world becomes convinced that we're all helpless in the face the Wily one. I'd rather own my vices as of my own making than declare myself as powerless before some incredibly evil controlling being. Still, if something is preventing my spiritual evolution, I want to beat it.
    Williams)

Howdy Beekeeper, *waves*
    You know, whether something is a negative astral entity, a negative aspect of ourselves, or a thoughtform we've created isn't all that important. The best way to fight all of them is through belief. Belief that you can stop or heal them yourself, belief that a salt bath will get rid of them, belief that you can create a protective shield against them, etc.

I accept the possibility that all forms of negative energy can and probably do exist. So, whatever form it takes to conquer it for each of us personally is the best thing for each of us. We all know that "bad" energy exists, and we all know that "good" energy exists. What is good and what is bad is all in your perspective. So, your own perspective of what you need to do to overcome it is the most important thing. And, if that perspective changes, that's ok too.

Blog Entries
    Hi Painterhypngirl,

Smiles and waves back. Yes, you're probably right.

In expressing my doubts about negs as an objective reality, I'm deeply conscious of causing hurt and offence to those who have clearly suffered with what they believe to be negs. I mean no disrespect. In fact, I'm sufficiently uncertain as to undertake some type of cleansing, even if it's only for the psychological benefits. At least I've got a good idea of what to do, thanks to this site and RB's book and tutorials.
    Williams)

Matt Guest

Re: Negs again?

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper
    Hi Matt,

When it comes to negs I'm trying to be very balanced and open to possibility. I don't want to scare myself silly but I also do suspect I have had a few neg encounters as a child and possibly much more recently:

http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewto ... highlight=

....I distinctly feel something get into bed with me, behind me. I somehow recognise it as familiar but I don’t know why. I feel it attempt to “attach” to my back and I react with an, “Oh, no you don’t” response. My feelings towards it are as towards a naughty child.

I turn over to prevent it from attaching, shoving it with my right hand. Initially, I think I’ve done this physically but it soon occurs to me that my physical body hasn’t moved at all. Now, though, I’m no longer quite in the mind-awake-body-asleep state.

I concentrate some time on protective measures but I’m surprised that I’m not really that unnerved.

The rest of the experiment is spent in dreams of varying lucidity (not as controlled as on a previous occasion) with some enjoyable flying.
    I found a neg had attached to me neck in an OBE which affected my sight. I think that the neck is a vulnerable area for things to suck energy from you:

http://www.saltcube.com/out-of-body/cha ... jsp?t=1853
    found a parasite on left side of the back of my head. It was a somewhat grotesque organic looking thing, it was in the shape of half a "U" with the curved part sticking into the back of the base of my head and the nubby part coming forward toward my jaw.

I pulled it off and flushed it down the toilet, I didn't look at the part that stuck to my head because I had a feeling it would look pretty gross with suckers on it or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper
    Up until now, I've preferred to think that negs are subconscious projections, hallucinations or, in some cases, mental illness. Bulhman claims to have projected for 30 years without encountering a single neg. I know my preference to believe this is also because I don't really want to believe in the existence of a whole other level of evil that humanity has to deal with (and, if it does exist, I know that doesn't make it go away). Certainly, I wouldn't like to see a return to witch hunts and hysteria Arthur-Miller-style because the whole world becomes convinced that we're all helpless in the face the Wily one. I'd rather own my vices as of my own making than declare myself as powerless before some incredibly evil controlling being. Still, if something is preventing my spiritual evolution, I want to beat it.
    It's probably the case that negs can't operate past a certain vibration level. So a person who naturally tunes to a high frequency might never encounter any negs and therefore think they don't exist.

I've seen and interacted with enough of them that I think it's very accurate to say that not all of them are just subconscious hallucinations and that some do have their own will power.

Matt said:
    It's probably the case that negs can't operate past a certain vibration level. So a person who naturally tunes to a high frequency might never encounter any negs and therefore think they don't exist.
    Wow, I never thought of putting it that way, but I intuitively have known that's true. In fact, my Quantum Touch teachers said the same thing a different way...as long as you are running healing chi energy, you are at such a high vibration that nothing negative can interfere, so don't worry about it.

Blog Entries

The possibility of another explanation

Hi again Matt and Painterhypno,

I really appreciate your imput so thank you very much.

I was presented with a new possibility today. A friend believes I came to visit him around the time of my experience. He says I was all around him, flying in at him from different angles and thoroughly enjoying myself while he was doing his meditation practice. He saw me very distinctively and said I was very happy.

I have no recollection of this but I do credit it for a number of reasons. My recalled experience began on the floor near my bed, not from within my physical body. I have wondered what I was doing prior to that. Also, since my friend and I are totally obsessed with OBES and spiritual development when we talk, we often discuss meeting astrally and verifying the experience.

I would not be at all surprised if I got out, possibly even stuck to my plan and then became overly ambitious and attempted a visit. I have to confess to contemplating as much that night. Perhaps I ran out of energy, recovered briefly, but not fully, and carried on with the recalled OBE, oblivious of what occurred prior to that.

This some how feels more accurate to me than other explanations. But I'll still do that cleansing.

Williams)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast