Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AP and sexual energy

Blog Entries

Re: AP and sexual energy

Quote Originally Posted by eyeoneblack View Post
    Like you, I swore myself to abstinence - an oath not to release sexual tension by self-satisfaction.

It drove me nuts crazy. The mere glimpse of a girl's knee drove me wild. Eventually I couldn't stand it any longer
    That pretty much supports what I said (or what I thought I said, anyway). It's about focus. In this case, abstinence made the focus that much sharper and it drew a lot more energy and attention than it would have otherwise.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Hi Richard,

Thank you for sharing your view. I have to say that my initial reasons to start doing this were not spiritual reasons. They are mental blockages which I whatever I try cannot overcome right now. And to take aways some tension from my relationship and create some breathing space I have taken this decision for now.
    Of course this requires some discipline so since I'm very actively engaged in spiritual practice and so on, I was looking for ways to transform this 'problem situation' into something positive for now.

But I have to admit that it is very difficult. Maybe I should try to find a middle way.
    One of the things that I do have to say is that since I'm doing this I feel more energized and more vital.
    "If we drop our body, we experience astral body.If we drop our thoughts, we experience “I AM”.If we drop ‘I’, we experience non-duality." ~Thusness

Blog Entries

Many mystics attempt to deflect the associated pitfalls of this practice by channeling the energy 'up' to the next chakra (the solar plexus system) which sometimes works, and reinforces the idea of 'will' over 'body'. You may want to try that.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

I see what you mean CFT. It's just, like I rold Richard, that the energy part for me is not the main reason. The main reason are mental blockages and I'm looking to see if I can do something positive with it and turn it around.
    Every positive side of not having sex helps at this moment.

On the other side it has already been helping in my relationship in terms of relaxation and getting closer together again so I feel like I'm doing the 'right' thing for this moment.
    "If we drop our body, we experience astral body.If we drop our thoughts, we experience “I AM”.If we drop ‘I’, we experience non-duality." ~Thusness

Blog Entries

I'm not talking about it as a practice, but for those moments when things get difficult to handle.

That's a good advice CFT thank you. I have been experimenting with this a little and it seemed to help a bit already. But it can be still overwhelming at times.

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to chime in and add my perspective. This topic has actually been on my mind lately so I was pleased to run across this.

I am female and find that sex helps with AP tremendously. I think it is because of the complete feeling of relaxation after achieving satisfaction. I was going to start a thread addressing this topic, but based on this thread it seems I am in the minority. Interesting.

Blog Entries

I'm with you Daisy, but as a female, the effect may be specific to the female gender. But I can't be sure.

Then I am glad to be a woman, CFT! Abstinence doesn't sound like much fun...and I don't think my husband would be very happy about it, either!

I think that a lack if sexual pleasure actually drew me to astral project. After a year of strong painkillers and a body that could not get out of bed I had not been sexually active and found myself having the most powerful orgasms whilst in the depths of my illness. For the first year or so it was always sexually orientated. Now I am getting better and my sex life has resumed I no longer ap or at least for now. My body had no energy at all yet I was able to ap and my orgasms i had were healing for me.