I am not any kind of expert, but I have had good experiences with NEW. I like devising new 'tools' that help me to feel the area I am working better. There are some parts that are harder to work on, so I have had to be creative and patient.

One of the things that helped in the beginning on my feet was going toe by toe at first and using an imaginary stiff, small bottle brush with the bristles being of light. So I would rotate this around a toe, below the surface of the skin until I felt tingling, then do the other toes, bottom of foot, etc, etc. With the second chakra, I needed a glowing deep orange beach ball, very heavy and dense, moving front to back, then sideways. In the solar plexus area, I was pretty numb, and the only thing that seemed to help was a sort of Gatling gun that shot tiny beads of golden light through at very high speed that would rebound back through as well.

So anyhow...try changing the color or density or size of the energy or light ball you are trying to move through your body. And play with developing your own kit of tools that are suited to your specific situation.