Thread: My experience: obe or lucid dream?

My experience: obe or lucid dream?

Alright so I admit I have trouble with the difference between lucid dreaming and astral projection. Today I had an intense experience. I went to bed and was trying hard to fall asleep, but was feeling the odd feelings of weird experiences about to happen, it's hard to describe but im sure you guys know what I mean. Anyways, I tried to stop them because I had a long day ahead of me and wanted optimal sleep. Eventually, I feel that im waking up but moving really slowly, as if i was super heavy or being held back. This happens like two or three times because i was fighting it, until i eventually give in.

I get up of bed and reached for my cellphone and tried to open it, which didnt work. I then told myself i was most likely projecting or dreaming, so i take my phone with me and walk out of the room. On my way out, i try to pass through a wall but it fails. I then walk to my living room where i can see that my tv is ON my couch, i can also see that my n64 and controllers are there too, when they are usually in my basement. I think i saw some other odd items that i cant recall. I also saw myself in the mirror and i was naked, oddly.

Anyways, I reach my phone again and realize that this time it opens. I feel like im drifting out and kind of waking up so i resist and managed to stay in that place. I then run towards my room and just jump and fly through the walls. I think i flew too fast and went underground outside because i saw ants in the ground. I then Tried to get back to flying in a good direction but was being pulled back to my body and woke up. I could immediately feel the difference of consciousness level and was sure i was awake this time. I admit i was a bit frightened by the experience so i opened my light and decided to write it down and post here

So, what do you guys think i experienced? Obe or lucid dream? Is there any sure way to tell the difference? Id also like to note that i havent attempted projections in a very long time. I just meditate daily, nothing more. I did take a nap today though, so that could have contributed

Blog Entries

Re: My experience: obe or lucid dream?

OBE. With a lot of Alice in Wonderland thrown in. BTW, there is no difference between an astral projection and a lucid dream- they are the same thing. The difference is in how you arrive to it. If you deliberately go to the astral scape, you've had an 'astral projection'; if you wake up while in the dream already you've become lucid- but the act of getting lucid and then choosing what to do next is an astral experience.
    I would categorize your experience as neither- you had an out of body experience to the real time zone (i.e. your room) and then your subconscious (or conscious mind) started making interpretations and anomalies started to happen.
    The area of where you were (your house) in my view makes it an out of body experience to the realtime zone- and the feeling of heaviness also points to an 'etheric' body being dragged away from the magnetic pull of your physical body. So, I vote OBE.
    If you would have phased into a scape I would have called it an astral projection, but you ended up in your room, so, OBE.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

I see. I've had similar random projections like these in the past but they were much shorter and I never got further than a few steps out of my room. One question though, why ddi you think I couldn't maintain my obe any longer and woke up after flying through walls? And why do I mostly experience these on days where I napped? I think I read that naps trigger these experiences sometimes but i forgot why

Blog Entries

I have no idea. Maybe you get too excited, don't get far enough from your body, need more energy...etc. Even projecting at the wrong end of the sleep cycle can cause you to snap out of it. Anything that can wake your brain up and snap you out of the required brainstate can do it.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.