Thread: Can you recommend a book for me

Smile Can you recommend a book for me

I have a real close friend who is sooo intellectual and lives in his head and has a limited emotional intelligence. He is very open minded and respects me and my journeys into the astral ect. He has asked me for a book so he can understand and try himself.

He would love to be able to try but first I need a strong academic book that would entice him. I am reading at the moment "the Multidimensional Human" by Kurt Leyland,. Which is easy for me to read and I am no way academic. Any suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks Ewo

Re: Can you recommend a book for me

My Big T.O.E by Tom Campbell. Could be the right thing for intellectual 'rational' left-brained techie-type people.

http://www.amazon.com/My-Big-TOE-Com...dp/0972509461/

If he is more interested in the science of parapsychology I'd suggest any book by Dean Radin.
    This collector of useless clutter.

Blog Entries

Hi, EWO. That's a really hard question. I could recommend Blavatsky's Isis Unveiled (two volumes), and is a real intellectual dissertation. It'd keep him busy, that's for sure .
    No, I think something not quite as heady for now would be better. A few years ago I wanted to introduce LD to a friend of mine and selected Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming by LaBerge and Rheingold. I had good reasons for choosing it at the time but I've forgotten.
    Might be best to let him Google for books on the topic and choose for himself. My experience often is (and it's rather uncanny) that a book will 'call to me'. At any rate, if I'm disappointed with it, it's no one's fault but mine. The wrong book might turn him away for good.
    I obtained a 25-volume set of Joseph Conrad novels. So I arbitrarily chose one and read it. It was 'ok'. So I read another and I didn't like it at all. But, I am very reluctant to waste 25 books by a famous author and grabbed one more. And it was astounding! So you see, it is difficult if not dangerous to recommend a book 'cause you don't know how it will go..
    Best of luck to you.

[If I remember correctly, the popular books on the subject (Monroe, Bulhman, Bruce etc are inspiring (Jurgen Zcwie (sp) is my favorite)) are inspiring but not intellectual per se, and the LaBerge/Rheingold seemed to me more on the investigative, expository sort.]
    Last edited by eyeoneblack; 16th December 2013 at 06:22 PM.
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

I'd start him with 'The End of Materialism' by Charles Tart, and if he likes it, I'd either choose Campbell or La Berge (I think I'd do La Berge first, though) and if he gets 'into it' I'd finish with Kurt Leland's 'The Unanswered Question'. They are all different flavors of science-y goodness.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Thank you Sinera, E1B and CfT, I have sent him your suggestions and have asked him to choose. Thx