Thread: Controlling Visualization

1. Controlling Visualization

Hi Robert,

Thanks for taking time to answer these questions by the way. I'm very grateful to have access to someone as high profile and knowledgeable as yourself.

Having done some extreme energy work many years ago, I've had some spontaneous Kundalini activity including electric heat up the spine and flashes in my 3rd eye. This was several years ago and I've stopped all energy work except NEW energy ways on my feet/legs and dantian.

But what's stuck with me is an extreme ability to visualize. Sometimes I can close my eyes, visualize something and then get an actual after-image burn in my vision, the same you get when looking at a lightbulb. I can also see my room in the dark, with my eyes closed and under the bedcovers. I can see my hand moving in front of my face with my eyes closed in the dark etc.

The problem is that when my mind thinks of something, even accidently, I automatically visualize it and it appears almost as real as if it was physically there for a moment. But then it just doesn't disappear, there's an energy in the physical space for awhile, sometimes I can see it moving like a heat-wave after I've thought of it and focusing on something else.

This has been a problem if I think of something negative, and I've had some real problems with this because of the whole "Don't think of a pink elephant" mechanism. If I go pour some water to drink, and then accidentally visualize something negative in the water, it will actually give me physical pain when I drink it accompanied by bad emotions and black dots in my vision. This is with just a passing thought, it doesn't even require any concentration. This has made me a bit OCD with certain things, like having to pour water several times if I think the wrong thing.

On a lighter note, I seem to also have the ability to manifest very positive things as well. If I close my eyes and think of source, I see light and get orgasmic feelings all over my body. I can also cause very positive feelings in other people and seem to be able to bless people through prayer and give them luck. But my mind can easily go "don't think of x like last time!" and then it will and I'd get immediately connected to that negative situation.

Any tips on how to control my mind to a very high level so I'm only able to think of positive things?

Thanks very much,
    HoldorFold

Re: Controlling Visualization

Your main problem here can be solved by using visualization in positive ways to help overcome these issues.

for example, if you see something scary, imagine unicorns dancing around, or similar. This will overcome the accidental negative mind's eye images.

I suggest you undertake some mind control exercises.

you might like to get a copy of Initiation Into Hermetics, by Franz Bardon. This is the standard training guide and the contents is widely used in the traditions.

robert