Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Creative power and efficieny of OBE's

astralspinner Guest
    Actually, since creativity is, by its very nature, uncontrollable and undisciplined, I'd say that it was exactly the other way round: the more creative you are, the more "mental static" you generate and thus the less control you'd have.

After all, a creative mind is one that constantly generates new ideas. If you're in a plane where ideas become real things, then you're going to find yourself surrounded by your own creations. In order to have maximum control, you'd have to "turn off" the creativity so you were only dealing with things you didn't create yourself.

Otherwise, stray thoughts like "Wouldn't it be wonderful if there was a door over there" would create that door for you; thoughts like "I wonder what it's like to have wings" would change your shape, and you could find yourself very disorientated very quickly. A person who was keeping his mind in a more meditative state, clear & uncreative, would be the one the the most stability and self-control.

All IMHO, of course

Blog Entries

Another rambling discourse

I have always had strong creative abilities so I tend to lean towards imagination rather than logically working somthing out.
    You know, Akashic, I'm naturally the same but I've developed logic too. (Perhaps we all start out this way?) In fact, I consider myself very logical (though I'm also aware that I'm equally perceived as flaky at times). In life, what I usually find is that I respond intuitively to people and situations and then employ logic to verify the intuitive. If logic doesn't satisfy me, I don't discard the intuitive, I just proceed with care.

There are times too when logic convinces me that I've imagined wrongly.

I concede "logic" has its limitations. If by "logic" we mean accepted belief or opinion, then it's definitely not enough. Also, there are sublime experiences that defy logical explanation. The act of capturing them, describing them is complicated by the failure of language* to truly express such things.

I also believe in creative logic: that is, there's a problem to be solved and creativity is employed to solve it (thus, creativity and logic are not opposites but partners)

Last night I became lucid in my dream. I tried to prove it logically but my reality check failed repeatedly. Not to worry, I knew I was dreaming and decided to go along with the dream. I gradually lost lucidity with this approach, becoming increasingly sucked in by the dream's reality- even though it continued to defy logic as I would understand it in waking. I suspect I would have done better to take creative control of it as I was beginning to do (until I changed my mind). So, certainly, logic wasn't of much use to me last night!

Anyway, just posting because I'm interested in hearing more from you on your creative approach to understanding. Have you used creativity successfully in the astral? What about logic, has it failed you in the astral?

Astralspinner's idea warrants discussion:

Actually, since creativity is, by its very nature, uncontrollable and undisciplined, I'd say that it was exactly the other way round: the more creative you are, the more "mental static" you generate and thus the less control you'd have.
    I see the challenge as learning to discipline creativity. If you are creative, you often shed one idea in favour of another or leave an idea for another time. My limited experience of the astral suggests that creativity doesn't generate endless possibilities and this is where I believe CF Traveller is quite right. Somehow, the subconscious makes the decision for you and you work with that depending on the level of lucidity you experience within the experience.

Sorry about the length of this.

*Art/music might work here. Certainly my dream diary is spattered with drawings
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2