Quote Originally Posted by Robert Bruce View Post
Well said.

A difficult topic to discuss, because to discuss it 'can' take you further away from the core you seek.

When you strip away all the layers of ego and programming, something is revealed. This is not a glorious super being. It is the essential you that you have always been, since before you were born.

I have spent many hundreds of hours pondering this. I still ponder this extensively. And after many years I continue to make progress in my understanding of what I am, who I am, where I am, when I am, and why I am.

And the programming we all have is more than extensive. This is 99% of who we are. Not much is left over once you prune it all away. And by 'pruning away' I do not mean that it is permanently removed. I do not think this can be done. But when you become aware of it, it loses its power and influence.

I have wallowed in my programming, rather than trying to suppress it. I have done this in order to 'see it' more clearly. To see in what part of 'me' it exists. This is counter-intuitive and not efficient. But, again, it allows me to see it more clearly.

I have been who I am since before my birth. I am the same mind, the same person. I call this aspect 'me'. Everything that has been added since then is window dressing. But this is important window dressing. it allows me to interact with this world and to be who I am.

Programming and habit are extremely efficient. Anything new is a struggle until it becomes a habit through repetition. Then it becomes easy, second nature. This applies to 'every' aspect of life, from riding a bicycle, to reading and writing, and to thinking and reasoning.

My current focus is on the question 'What part of me eats popcorn?' and what can I learn from this aspect.

This is important because 'me' and all my other aspects, including my divine aspect (my higher self) share the same body and mind. They are so closely integrated that this 'collective' appears to be who I am. But this is not 'me'. The 'me' is my eternal aspect. It is what all true spiritual seekers seek. But it is too small and insignificant to warrant much attention, not until everything else has been examined and discarded. Only then does it become important, because there is nothing else left.

So, my questions are...."What aspect of you performs the action of... eating popcorn?"

...and... "Why am I craving popcorn right now?"

peace, robert
Hi Robert, I´d like to ask you about your saying: I have been who I am since before my birth. I am the same mind, the same person.

Are you saying you have only bean a male person from the begining?? Or what do you mean by saying...I am same mind, the same person??

Love
ia