Thread: OBE duration and difficulty

OBE duration and difficulty

Hi Robert,

How long can one potentially stay out of body during an OBE and how difficult is it to train up to that point? Can one spend or have their experience of subjective passage of time be many hours or days during a single sitting? Can long duration experiences be remembered and downloaded? What are the limit thresholds? Can one sleep and spend their nights in their astral double traveling consciously and have that experience supersede their sleeping consciousness in memory upon awakening?

thanks again!
    Last edited by AEthos; 6th March 2014 at 02:49 PM.

Re: OBE duration and difficulty

Everything you ask is possible.

There are no limits.

It can be done, if you do the training and regular practice.

robert

Thanks, Robert. I really appreciate your help and guidance and knowledge and I just have to ask again. I'm really excited and enthusiasm is brimming with possibility. Think of this as throwing a bucket of water on a person or slapping him silly to make sure his senses are true.

So, you are telling me that it is very much possible to train up to a point to where during my sleep cycle while my body is resting for the night to enjoy the experience of having a FULL, unbroken O.B.E. of this long duration from my point of view and have those experiences be fully integrated successfully within my consciousness upon awakening? As if I am living a double life: one while I am awake and one while I am asleep. Is this correct?

My only concern is if my physical mind/body falls asleep-- as it would need its usual rest and recovery, doesn't this cut off projection? Then how can this situation illustrated above occur if to sustain a long duration OBE I need to be relatively awake albeit in trance state to download the memory of it and remember?

As I said, this would require significant training and regular practice.

While you are in trance state having OBE, your physical body is asleep. So your body will get its rest.

Your mind does not need rest and it is never truly dormant or asleep.

Key to achieving this is 'your will'.

I have read of monks that get themselves voluntarily walled in or locked up in total solitude, where they are fed once a day through a hole in the door or wall. They spend the majority of their time out of body.

This takes a lot of dedication and will.

You also have to consider the meaning of life, which is of course to have lots of life experiences. I think you can take some things too far, as life has to be lived to be appreciated.

robert