This question has been bugging me for a while. Research, intuition, and meditation haven't given me a clear answer on this yet.

A few months ago, a psychic suggested to me that I should make myself more open to being taught by my guides. I'm aware now that I'm being taught through astral projections, albeit unconscious ones. I'm certain of this. Unfortunately, I'm pretty much completely unaware of who any of these "guides" are and all my efforts through meditation to reach them consciously haven't done much to help. I can safely assume that there are definitely loving guides helping me, but without knowledge of who they are, I'm simply calling out to thin air, and if my intuitive feelings have served me right, making myself way too open for all sorts of punishment.

What really baffled me was what the psychic told me about supposed masters. She said to me that Melchizedek was willing to teach me, and, through Melchizedek's words, that "I had passed several exams leading up to this invitation." I really didn't know how to respond at that point. All signs lead to her being a valuable and trustworthy psychic, but this message was pretty strange to me. Up to this point, all my research has lead me to believe that beings like Melchizedek and Saint Germain are profoundly negative beings who use the image of light and whiteness to disguise their sinister nature. From all that I have read, the "Order of Melchizedek" and the "Great White Brotherhood" are not things to toy with. Again, this is from reading. My personal experience only tells me that I should be more specific before asking for help, though I'm not sure who to be specific to.

I'm aware that most discarnate beings can change their appearance on a whim. Either the Melchizedek of the "Illuminati" affiliated societies is false, or this being is more concerned about spreading knowledge rather than how people use it.

To be frank, I'm at a loss. I'm not sure how to approach this. I'm not too fond of taking other people's advice, mostly when it is out of my range of experience, and especially when this advice is coming from an unfalsifiable source. Opening myself up to potentially dangerous beings and inviting other unwanted guests could be very dangerous to my spiritual health. I simply want to avoid ignorance leading to long lasting mistakes.

I could simply go along my way with meditation, fasting, energy work, and the like and be very safe in doing so. It's worked for me so far and I've had some great personal changes as of late. It feels like I'm getting along just find trusting only myself. However, there is a great chance for growth here, either way, but myself in this current life doesn't have a lot of conscious experience with this sort of thing. What are your thoughts on this?