Thread: My first astral projection attempt

1. My first astral projection attempt

I am not sure If I am making progress?

So, Firstly, I set a time when I was going to do it and what my intent of was to do. I found it easy to make my body numb, I can make it go numb within a couple of seconds due to the fact that I have experience with meditation. So, I would like to say I did not astral project but I did get a few feelings. Firstly, I felt little bits of energy on my legs and testicals, Vibrating, Only a tiny bit. Next thing that happened when my body sank deeper is that, It like my head was becoming tight? I don't know how to explain it. Like it was being squashed to the tightest it could be then I started to aches in my third eye and aches all around my face, I don't know what it is, So, I just opened my eyes and went to s;ee[ as usual. This was my first try at doing this, so what do ya'll think?

Blog Entries

Re: My first astral projection attempt

First of all, I would forget about 'trying to make yourself numb'. If you want to project you need to dissociate from body sensations- and thinking of being numb is going to keep your attention on your body, which is ok at first when you are trying to relax your muscles, but when you begin to enter the trance state, you want to do something which keeps your attention on something without focusing it on the body. Things like counting breaths (which, even though they involve the body, they don't focus on it, more like on the 'air' 'energy' itself; doing trance visualizations (where your attention is on your environment, not your place in the body) and the usual meditative work you're used to- always keeping the attention visually in front of yourself, or in any auditory, visual or tactile symptom you get. Then, when you can consider yourself pure consciousness (as in, dissociated completely from your body), do an exit technique to move your self away from your body.
    The symptoms that you describe (localized vibrations and tightness or expansion) are symptoms of entering into the trance level, but not exit symptoms. And, if you do get vision, do not open your eyes, instead try an exit technique.
    You were close, you moved beyond normal awareness, but in my opinion I don't think you were 'in deep enough' to try to exit.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

3. Re: My first astral projection attempt

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    First of all, I would forget about 'trying to make yourself numb'. If you want to project you need to dissociate from body sensations- and thinking of being numb is going to keep your attention on your body, which is ok at first when you are trying to relax your muscles, but when you begin to enter the trance state, you want to do something which keeps your attention on something without focusing it on the body. Things like counting breaths (which, even though they involve the body, they don't focus on it, more like on the 'air' 'energy' itself; doing trance visualizations (where your attention is on your environment, not your place in the body) and the usual meditative work you're used to- always keeping the attention visually in front of yourself, or in any auditory, visual or tactile symptom you get. Then, when you can consider yourself pure consciousness (as in, dissociated completely from your body), do an exit technique to move your self away from your body.
    The symptoms that you describe (localized vibrations and tightness or expansion) are symptoms of entering into the trance level, but not exit symptoms. And, if you do get vision, do not open your eyes, instead try an exit technique.
    You were close, you moved beyond normal awareness, but in my opinion I don't think you were 'in deep enough' to try to exit.
    Hey, Thanks for the reply. Honestly, It just felt like I was normally aware but I was so relaxed, I had no tension in my body, I just went with it, By the way, What is the best exit method for you?

Blog Entries

It depends on the symptoms I get. When I used to get exit vibrations (the strong kind) the rope method did it for me. When I get movement sensations (more likely now) I would follow with a whole body movement that matches the direction of the movement. If I get astral sight I 'lean into' the scape, and if I see through the eyelids I try the rope method, or the 'rocking chair', depending on my position.
    In other words, I tailor the exit method to the symptom.

5. Re: My first astral projection attempt

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    It depends on the symptoms I get. When I used to get exit vibrations (the strong kind) the rope method did it for me. When I get movement sensations (more likely now) I would follow with a whole body movement that matches the direction of the movement. If I get astral sight I 'lean into' the scape, and if I see through the eyelids I try the rope method, or the 'rocking chair', depending on my position.
    In other words, I tailor the exit method to the symptom.
    Astral sight? That is something new I've heard.

Blog Entries

Astral sight=Hypnagogia, clairvoyance, possible remote vision.