Some advice on fasting....

I am on day 22 of a water fast, and aiming for 35 - 40 days.

I did a 28 day water fast also in November 2013

The key to water fasting is...water.

Double or quadruple the amount of water you drink and you will find your fasting very easy.

I take two pints of water first thing in the morning. i drink one pint, wait five or ten minutes, and then drink the rest.

I am currently drinking 12 - 15 pints per day.

As i do this, i feel very well indeed. For example, I'll wake up in the morning a bit dehydrated and will feel bad and weak. i drink my water and immediately begin to feel better. a short time later and I feel fine....no weakness and no bad feelings from my body. i am a bit weak and would not like to go jogging, but i feel fine.

I did some research and consulted some experts and this information is key.

When the body burns fat it needs a lot of water to do this, to break apart the bonds of the fat molecules.

If your water gets low, you will start to feel weak and cold (if the weather is cool) and your stomach will feel uncomfortable.

It helps to wear extra clothing, and to make sure you never get chilled. If you get chilled and lose body heat, it takes a long time for your body to warm up again.

So, stay warm, drink 'lots' of pure water, and you'll be fine. The rest is all mental...keeping your mind off eating.

Your eyesight will at times weaken during a fast. This can be helped greatly by drinking more water.

Mind you, a common phenomenon for people fasting is that they become very interested in food and watch the cooking channel and recipe videos etc. i find myself doing this, hunting for new recipes. i do all the cooking in my home, and continue this during my fasts. i also sit down with my family when they eat and enjoy watching them eat.

I do taste food for spice and salt content as i am cooking, but carefully spit it out and rinse out my mouth. i don't want 'anything' but water in my system.

i no longer use vitamins and minerals while fasting as i have found that this is not necessary. everything you need is stored in your body fat and this is easier on the body and frees up more of the body's immune and self repair systems.

robert