Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Strange Farewell

In a dream, somewhere finding my way home

Strange Farewell

Hello All,

Admittedly, I've been very absent, so I can't say that I even have much familiarity with everyone that comes around Astral Dynamics now. Several names here are still familiar, I haven't been gone that long, but probably long enough so that some of you reading this may have zero idea who I am. And who I am isn't at all important.

I came to say goodbye nonetheless. The long "search" for "enlightenment" ended today. It's over. Not that I went anywhere at all, other than away entirely. I didn't give up, there was just the last fatal seeing. The man I thought I was, was in fact a fiction. Funny, after years of meditation and reading about Awakening and practicing everything under the sun, there was only a madness about my head, a constant rustling and turning over in frustration at coming up with fumes rather than freedom. Awareness dodged me often. Just this churning ache to get free. Well...

This morning as I drove to my girlfriend's house the conflict reached it's peak and with one wide sweep of intent and urgency I planted my resolve to wake up. Wake up and do so without apology or thought for any other thing. I felt like a bomb going off from it all. Now or never. Now or never. Now. Now.

At around 2:00 today I was there again, in the struggle, trying to figure out how "I" was an illusion as The Buddha and pretty much every Advaita-thinking human insists or insisted on. How was it that I could will my hand to move if I didn't exist? How could I will thoughts forward in the mind if I wasn't willing them? No need to argue with the experience, things move, thoughts come, but there "I" was all the time. Everything to that point was restless struggle with mere intellectual knowledge.

Then came the snap.

The realization. "I" was doing everything all along, only, "I" wasn't Andy. Almost like possession with no entity possessing the body. The true mover is moving and here this mover saw nothing of Andy in this shell, only itself. Those "I" impulses were always the One, but with a mind like we humans possess, the impulses, thoughts, feelings, all got hijacked and turned inward, creating something it could comprehend and protect while blocking out the real source of thought, will and intent. But I won't bash the ego, that was all part of the plan it seems. Nothing has ever been out of place for one second.

I never had time to say goodbye to that man. There was no such thing. As I write, I feel rather stunned. This isn't the liberation Andy went out for years ago, but it's truth. There is one thing. Period. There is only One thing. Look in the mirror and see yourself. Look in your dogs eyes and see yourself. Pick any set of eyes and you're what's looking back.

In our dreams, mind creates an environment, a hologram of sorts and our dream self moves around there. Upon waking, the dream ends. In this case, one level up, while awake, when the dream ends it's the dreamer that's vanished and what was previously perceived as real is shown for what it is. Vanished is poor word for what was never there to start with. It's all negation. You ask, "Is it this?" to find that it's not "that", but something is forming in the white space between all the things you wonder about.

And as I write, whatever IS, is sitting amongst the ruins of what it had only been pretending to be all along. The jig is up. Game over. Thoughts of how to navigate this all are very present because there is no more reason for any search. There was nothing here without a point in being here before this. What now? There is no what. The last analogy that comes to mind is that of a stage.

"I" was on it all my life, playing the role of this Andy fellow, and suddenly he remembered it was all for fun, just fiction and his real persona recovered or is recovering from that long amnesia. Done acting the role, there's only this. The story is still writing itself, still there is movement and experience, but like a sock puppet or wind through an instrument. I figure that the neural channels in this brain are still so wired around the experience of what was that it will take time to settle with what is now, but It's all so very odd.

Before I sign off, I want to say this to anyone that's reading with interest. If you want to know what IS, you are slotted for it. It's in the mail. Be careful it's what you want--with truth, that is. I sought relief from suffering and never found it. When that longing was discarded for truth regardless of consequence--collapse followed rapidly.

Meditation is nice. Teaching's are nice but almost entirely churned out to make us energized and triumphant or better or more knowledgeable or fitter or happier or more realized, but that world is nonsense. Notice, there is no semi-apologetic tone here any longer. No more "IMHO", thank God. I'm not concerned about anyone's take on this because, as Nisargadatta Maharaj so aptly put it when asked why he didn't feel compelled to help others he said, "There are no others". You are me. I am you. One thing.

Just this knowing this.

I wish you all the best, please feel free to email or post here if you have any comments or questions. Just realize I'm holding no special position. It's your position too, whatever it is, and when I say "your" position, I mean it's really mine.

Andy
    Know Thyself

Re: Strange Farewell

Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

Blog Entries

You humans make me smile.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

In a dream, somewhere finding my way home

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    You humans make me smile.
    Especially while playing Hide and Seek. Really, you should see the expressions I see when "you" see what's hiding in the most unsuspecting of all places.
    Know Thyself

Hi SoulSail,
    I might missunderstand what you write here, but the feeling what your Writing gives me...is....that you are somehow dissapointed??
    When I did discover the same (if it is the same thing as my Discovery of the NOW)...so I am surprised you give the feeling of dissapointment and have to say Farewell...for me it was to embrace the ALL.
    So..am I missunderstanding your Writing so totally??
    I have to re-read your post again.

Love
    ia
    Core Affirmation: I am loved and I am worthy,
    I am safe and I am free.
    I am powerfully protected.
    I am master of my body and ruler of my mind.
    By Robert Bruce

Hi SoulSail again....You write...
    "I'm not concerned about anyone's take on this because, as Nisargadatta Maharaj so aptly put it when asked why he didn't feel compelled to help others he said, "There are no others". You are me. I am you. One thing".

As you write that we all are ONE and the ONE is collected from many fragments, right? and as long as not all fragments has come to ONE I feel responsbillity to stay around to wait for everyone to come and understand. So everyone every fragment is me, right?...then I am not totally ONE Before all has come home so to speak...I am sure you will see this too...I am not trying to stop you, you do as you feel you have to do...but are you truly ONE when not all fragments has understood that yet??..still you are out there and seeking to become ONE, right?..so I am staying and helping the rest of me to become whole too..

Love
    ia
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

Andy, all I can do is smile and nod.

Well, I can share something else. First, the mountain is a mountain. Then, the mountain is not a mountain. Then, the mountain is a mountain again. Right now, for you, the mountain is not a mountain. How long it remains that way, well, that's an individual thing. But one day you'll realise, "Hey, it's a mountain again," and even though you will know that it's not really, it will be, simultaneously, and you'll be okay with the mountain being both not a mountain and a mountain all at the same time. Might not make sense to you right now, but it will.

(Apologies for probably mangling up with is undoubtedly a beautiful koan, especially in the original Japanese. The mountain being not a mountain is a classic Zen saying, however. And the day I finally got it was a very entertaining day, indeed. )
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Quote Originally Posted by IA56 View Post
    "I'm not concerned about anyone's take on this because, as Nisargadatta Maharaj so aptly put it when asked why he didn't feel compelled to help others he said, "There are no others". You are me. I am you. One thing"
    I wonder if solipsism is really the best and only conclusion one can or 'must' derive from the awakening-to-oneness process.
    This collector of useless clutter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinera View Post
    I wonder if solipsism is really the best and only conclusion one can or 'must' derive from the awakening-to-oneness process.
    Hi Sinera,
    I do not understand what solipsism does mean, is there Another Word for it??

Love
    ia
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sinera View Post
    It isn't solipsism. It just isn't. Oneness and solipsism are entirely different worldviews.

What SoulSail is talking about is the realisation that there is no need or requirement to act or not act in certain ways.

[EDIT] Solipsism is the inverse of Oneness. Solipsism is EXclusive. Oneness is INclusive, in the most universal way possible, although that's actually only just barely scratching the surface. I could write paragraphs about it, but it wouldn't matter, so I won't.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.