Thread: OBE and medication

OBE and medication

I haven't been attempting OBE's lately because of a medication I am taking and an upcoming surgery (happening next Tuesday). I just thought it best to get past all of that before I made any further attempts. I have continued meditating, however, as I find it helps to calm my anxiety about it. It's nothing major; I probably won't even stay overnight in the hospital, but I can't help but be a little anxious. Anyway, that's the background.

I woke up last night and realized I was having the vibrations/exit symptoms very strongly. I think the medication made me a little squirrely. Whereas I would normally welcome such feelings and go for it, I reacted with panic! I was terrified! Sadly, by the time I gathered my wits and tried to get into it, the moment had passed. Bummer.

Anyone else have experiences with OBE while medicated? While I am still going to wait until I've recovered and am off the meds to actively attempt anything, but if the opportunity presents itself again I hope I have the presence of mind to roll with it instead of being a spaz about it!

Blog Entries

Re: OBE and medication

Not while medicated (unfortunately I've had a couple of surgeries, and thought projection would have been 'more' possible, but it was less). But I have noticed that I tend to OBE more in strange places, and I'm more 'squirrely' there too. Prob. because of the 'strange place' factor.
    Last edited by CFTraveler; 25th May 2014 at 01:41 AM.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Re: OBE and medication

Hello Daisy
    Any drug, whether legal or otherwise (including caffeine, alcohol and tobacco) can Possibly alter the consciousness enough to facilitate an OBE. Prescription medications Do actually trigger many OBEs, including those that take place in a hospital.
    To answer your question directly,
    "Anyone else have experiences with OBE while medicated?"
    Yes, in fact I have experienced three or four OBEs while under the lingering effect of cough syrup. (Back 'in the day' I experimented with psychedelic doses of cough syrup.) On 3 or 4 occasions I had very 'trippy' OBEs (where I was distinctly aware of being out of body yet lacked the needed clarity and focus to go anywhere or do anything worthwhile.
    IMO there is no real reason to be scared of going OOB while medicated. At worst the OBE will seem dreamlike and cloudy and it can, if necessary, be quickly and easily terminated.

Regards
    Grey