Thread: Anyone have advice for anxiety?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Anyone have advice for anxiety?

Dreaming90 - anxiety of the sort you are describing - especially with suicidal thoughts - is a serious condition. The intensity of your anxiety is likely extremely - physically uncomfortable. Alleviating it is an important quality of life issue.... you don't have to exist that way. Medications all by themselves are not the whole answer - I advocate for a variety of counseling approaches to address this problem. Its important to know anxiety and depression often co-occur.

Having said that, there is absolutely nothing wrong with meditation, energy work, and connecting with your higher self to help heal anxiety. Also exercise - meditation and exercise together release potent stress mediating and alleviating neurochemicals. Don't ignore nutrition either. Your body needs proteins to make amino acids and neurochemicals that are involved in mood regulation.

By the way - I don't know where you're from - you sound American - but having suicidal thoughts by themselves generally won't get you involuntarily committed in the USA. What you are going through is more common than most have reason to believe.

Please reach out for skilled support before it gets worse - best of luck and take care of yourself!

Blog Entries

Re: Anyone have advice for anxiety?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamweaver View Post
    anxiety of the sort you are describing - especially with suicidal thoughts - is a serious condition. The intensity of your anxiety is likely extremely - physically uncomfortable. Alleviating it is an important quality of life issue.... you don't have to exist that way. Medications all by themselves are not the whole answer - I advocate for a variety of counseling approaches to address this problem. Its important to know anxiety and depression often co-occur.

Having said that, there is absolutely nothing wrong with meditation, energy work, and connecting with your higher self to help heal anxiety. Also exercise - meditation and exercise together release potent stress mediating and alleviating neurochemicals. Don't ignore nutrition either. Your body needs proteins to make amino acids and neurochemicals that are involved in mood regulation.
    Agree with all of that 100%.

And, no, just having suicidal thoughts won't get you put in the looney bin. Been there, done that (in the American Midwest, if that's any help). Generally they can and will only put you in an involuntary hospital visit if you're actively suicidal or they have strong reason to think you WILL attempt suicide, or if you're showing other signs of significant disturbance (mania, for example).

First step is certainly to talk to your doctor. In the short term, anti-anxiety medication can help make you more comfortable, but it truly isn't a long term solution. Which is why I recommended the meditation. That, and cognitive therapy, have helped me to mostly tame my anxiety (it still flares up now and then, because the circumstances of my childhood did a lot of damage to my limbic system, and it's like an old wound sometimes).

There we go. A little more extensive than the previous comment. But I honestly feel like meditation has been so VERY helpful for me, that it's always my "go to" suggestion for dealing with anxiety.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.