Thread: what do you make of this?

what do you make of this?

Have a look at the small video clip of a song posted below (it's only 4 minutes and won't waste your time on account of being quite entertaining).

Your input is really going to be appreciated and would go into my research (Please have a look and post your opinion especially if you are Western and not too familiar with the Asian/Ethnic culture).

Please post the following in your opinion :

*What do you make of the intent or meaning of the song to be?

*How do you find the girl's gestures and facial expression?

*Apart from entertainment ; how would this song impact on the western mind?

I will post the nature of my research and query into this if we garner some reply

looking forward to your opinion!

Raani Mukherjee - "Savva Dollar".

Blog Entries

Re: what do you make of this?

First of all, I don't undestand any of the words and made no effort to find a translation because I feel it would impact my opinion of it.
    I thought it was funny and provocative, and it appeared to make fun of western enterntainment being commercial, and paid a special nod to Beyonce- a lot of the dance numbers seemed to be shaped after some of Beyonce's numbers.
    I also extrapolated the possible criticism of anglophilia in Indian culture, but cannot be sure it this is just my take on it.
    She was funny.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

astute as ever!

4. Re: what do you make of this?

It's very disconcerting to see the Hollywood style choreography while hearing the softness of the actual song.

the song is meant to be funny , (i.e just good intentioned tongue in cheekery) - but I'm so glad you like the "softness" of it (agreed there is such pretty delicate gentility to it)

Obviously the meaning was to make fun of Western entertainment. Her facial expressions are very amusing (they always are). I've seen a few of her movies thanks to my mom. Most Westerners are either too ignorant to understand the joke, or offended I would say.

Quote Originally Posted by tpratt View Post
    Obviously the meaning was to make fun of Western entertainment. Her facial expressions are very amusing (they always are). I've seen a few of her movies thanks to my mom. Most Westerners are either too ignorant to understand the joke, or offended I would say.
    I showed the song to my mom and told her to specifically check out her expressions , she delivers incredibly rapid hundreds of micro facial expressions (which i agree most westerners won't get) , but the talent is astounding.

it's the only song that's on my desktop. I'd marry her if she was real.