Thread: Gatekeepers

Question Gatekeepers

On a whim I followed a book recommendation from someone here (thx CFTraveler) and picked up and read Otherwhere by Kurt Leland... In it he refers quite a bit to 'gatekeepers' and the role they play around the astral planes. I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with any entities that you would consider to be guarding a gate or doorway on the otherside.

I was once (prob a year ago) very conscious during a obe in some city much like he describes in the book just a bustling metropolis really and decided to explore lower realms just below street level. I gently sunk below the pavement and several feet of earth and found myself in a standard concrete parking garage with other people milling/setting around. I focused and sunk another level down, another concrete parking garage but no one around and with a heavier atmosphere. Perplexed but sure the way must be through "that" wall I glided up and over to a stone wall like I was intending to pass right through it but instead was caught in, what I can only describe as a invisable fussy cotton ball of energy and gently placed 6 or 8 feet away from the wall. Eyebrows up I was surprised and not seeing anything I immediately retried the approach. Same thing happened again...caught and set back down where I came from. It was very soft and mildly electric like energy. I gave up and just focused hard on the wall trying to peer through to see what was on the other side. Another parking garage but only half complete turning to gravel and rough stone as it continued into darkness. I let it go and returned to the surface to try and fly...
    Looking back I guess it was a type of Gatekeeper. Keeping me away from someplace I didnt really have a valid reason to be at.
    Last edited by Osiris; 1st July 2014 at 02:44 AM.
    I sent my soul through the Invisible. Some letter of that After-life to spell: And by and by my Soul returned to me and answered. "I Myself am Heaven and Hell." - Omar Kayyam

Blog Entries

Re: Gatekeepers

Yes-I'll. come back to it. -Cellphone.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

hey CF you never got back....What was your gatekeeper experience?
    I sent my soul through the Invisible. Some letter of that After-life to spell: And by and by my Soul returned to me and answered. "I Myself am Heaven and Hell." - Omar Kayyam

Blog Entries

I've had many- From the infamous 'dweller on the threshold' (with repeated visitations/tests) until I passed, other times veils or invisible force-fields I couldn't penetrate, so many. I've gone through learning 'closed room' sessions with someone who coached me on finding out how to get out (task-oriented)- sometimes the gatekeeper has been a being, a barrier, or the experience itself by it's nature.
    That never ends, the 'jobs' change as you do.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Yes there are gate keepers. If you look hard enough, you can spot them. Dwellers on the other hand do try to intimidate you.

The Gate Keepers tend to watch you, albeit from the outside and seem to be very passive. I've never tried to go past them--because I'm a little nervous about the Hounds OF the Barrier. I guess when you are ready to cross the Gate Keepers "line" they seem to disappear.

Grant