Thread: Truth regarding Buddhist concepts of No-Self and God?

Truth regarding Buddhist concepts of No-Self and God?

Hello Robert

I have great respect for the truth and effectiveness of Buddhist philosophy and practice, although there is an aspect of the philosophy that I can't help but disagree with based on the insights I have acquired in higher-level out of body experiences in which I experienced deeply profound levels of self and oneness with Source/God consciousness. Theravada Buddhism teaches that there is no true self and there is no God. Everything is simply conditioned phenomena constantly coming into and out of existence with no inherent nature or permanence. While this may be true at the physical level, my experience has proven that there is a fundamental level of being that is everlasting and divine in nature. Mahayana Buddhism teaches a concept called "Buddha-nature" which is quite similar to this fundamental divine nature, but Theravada Buddhism generally rejects such notions. I was hoping you could share some insight into your beliefs and experience regarding this subject.

Thanks!

[Mod Note: A copy of this thread for community input is available here: http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...o-Self-and-God ]
    Escaping Velocity. Not just infinity, but eternity.

Re: Truth regarding Buddhist concepts of No-Self and God?

I think both schools of thought you mention can apply, depending on the circumstances.

There is no 'one size fits all' at work.

The conflict you speak of comes from being somewhat rigid in thought.

Spiritually unaware beings, human and animal, do seem to pop in and out of existence with no kind of 'divine structure'.

Spiritually aware beings, human 'and' animal, seem to rise to the top of existence... like cream on milk. And in this sense the 'cream' becomes more solid and this can lead to many other things....butter, cheese, etc, etc...while the water drains back into the ocean.

peace, robert

Re: Truth regarding Buddhist concepts of No-Self and God?

Actually I'm lactose intolerant
    Escaping Velocity. Not just infinity, but eternity.