I would also like to add another very odd experience I forgot to put in my previous post that happened when I was about 16. Back in high school is when my nightmares escalated. It's when I began experiencing sleep paralysis almost every time I slept. I had false awakenings constantly. I didn't know what was happening to me back then and thought it was just bad dreams.

But anyways, I recall one afternoon after school I was sitting on the couch watching TV. I remember being wide awake at this time. I remember sitting there and then next thing I know I was sprawled out in a very weird position. I got up and looked at the clock and realized I blacked out for an entire hour. I did not feel as if I had fallen asleep as I was wide awake and my eyes felt like they had been open. It was a very odd experience but I had thought nothing of it until recently. Just wanted to share it.

I unfortunately can not find my dream log journal from high school, I hope it didn't get thrown away because I had all kinds of strange dreams and experiences dated and logged in there... Luckily I recall most of them but it would have been nice to have had a reference.