Thread: AP practice on a limited schedule/ weekend warrior

AP practice on a limited schedule/ weekend warrior

I went through part of the MAP program in 2011 and did manage to have an out of body experience, although it was out of a sleep paralysis state and was very short in duration.

I won't bore you with my life story but since then my living situation has changed - got married, different job, etc. so I kind of put this stuff on the backburner.

My schedule is pretty busy these days and during the week it can be hard to find an hour to myself to make truly dedicated practice without having to worry about interruptions, or simply being tired and unmotivated at the end of a long day.

I've tried to start the MAP program a few times and I always start strong but after a few weeks start missing days then kind of stop doing it. Is it possible to practice astral projection during the weekend (Saturday, Sunday) and still make progress? I would imagine that progress would be a lot slower than someone who practices daily but would it cross into the realm of "don't even bother?"

And if MAP is not really a good program for an infrequent schedule, are there other types of regimens that might be appropriate?

Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

-Al
    Now small fowls flew screaming over the yet yawning gulf; a sullen white surf beat against its steep sides; then all collapsed, and the great shroud of the sea rolled on as it rolled five thousand years ago.

Blog Entries

Re: AP practice on a limited schedule/ weekend warrior

I also only practice on the weekends (and I learned via MAP.) The thing is that at this point you already probably know how to do some of the techniques (such as energy work, breathing exercises, energy body loosening, trance techniques and exit techniques. The reason that you have to do it every day when learning MAP is that you have to learn how to do them, and practice all of them so that when the time comes you can just try one of the other.
    But if you already are practiced with the techniques, I think you can practice basic 'refresher' things (and energy work, I do that every day, even if for 5 minutes in front of the TV), you can then do an entire routine, from the 'awake' state to the exit on the weekends.
    It's what I do, and I still follow the basic MAP 'architecture', because I find it the best I've tried.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Re: AP practice on a limited schedule/ weekend warrior

Thanks for your suggestion, CFTraveler, I will try this.
    Now small fowls flew screaming over the yet yawning gulf; a sullen white surf beat against its steep sides; then all collapsed, and the great shroud of the sea rolled on as it rolled five thousand years ago.