"God can only be experienced, and you experience him whether you realise it, through your own existence. He is not male nor female, however and I use the terms only for conveniences sake. In the most inescapable truth, he is not human in your terms at all, nor in your terms is he a personality. Your ideas of personality are too limited to contain multitudinous facets of his multidimensional existence." - Seth Speaks (1972)

It's interesting to see ideas in various Sciences put forth ideas of parallel realities/dimensions, and multidimensional existence.

To me, they are not theories, but my personal everyday reality. I regularly encounter alternate selves, counterparts, and other simultaneous incarnational existences in my dreams, meditations, before and after sleeping, or any time during the day if I choose to "daydream". It was not always this way, for me it was a conscious CHOICE to learn to let go of the blinders and limited beliefs that we shackle ourselves with, that typically prevent us from experiencing our very ordinary multidimensional existence. If there is one thing I would like to get across, it is that we are not helpless, we can learn to experience multi-dimensional reality through simple exercises playfully imagined on a regular basis. It is like using muscles that you have forgotten you had, once you exercise them, they get stronger very fast and you wonder have you ever neglected them so before. It is our natural heritage that is available to us at all times, not some evolution or change.

If you house had four bedrooms, but you only ever entered two of them for the first twenty years of your life, then one day you walked into one of the other two bedrooms you were unaware of, if would not be accurate to say your house "evolved two more bedrooms" they were there all along, YOU simply chose not to go into them.

There is a constant exchange of ideas between all of our simultaneous selves, incarnations and alternates, each adds its own experience to the overself, the overself craves "experience" but we are free to choose whatever purpose we like in life. Sometimes people get stuck on looking for THE purpose of their lives, and find it in some religion, or any external thing, instead of following their bliss as Joseph Campbell says. Some people when they realise THEY are writing and living the "script" of their own lives, of their own reality, recoil in horror and retreat to one type of security blanket or another, still other people may find great joy in knowing that their lives are theirs to live and find purpose however they choose.