Thread: Affirmations in OBEs not working

Blog Entries

Affirmations in OBEs not working

Hello, dear Mr. Bruce!
    I've been having OBEs once a week or more for about half a year now, but I'm worried about my progress-
    1. When I use affirmations for getting from place to place they don't seem to work.
    2. Lately, I can barely get out of my house (and yard) and today I couldn't get out of the threshold- I tried to walk out but I kept moving in place- as if something was blocking me. There have been other times when I've been blocked from getting out of the
    yard (by an object that I sometimes can't get past).
    3. Is there a way to get less reality flactuations in the RTZ? Or at least control them when they happen or know they are false. Because they wake me out a lot of the times and I even had a false awakening a few days ago of my alarm clock waking me up at 08:30 when it was really 07:30 in the physical.
    4. Why do I never see the body after leaving it? is there something wrong with me?
    5. That's not really related- but do you think there is a way to talk to my guide during OBEs?

Thank you so much for everything,
    dontco.
    Last edited by dontco; 17th January 2015 at 11:01 AM.
    My twitter inspirational quotes account
    "By your own effort waken yourself, watch yourself. And live joyfully. You are the master." —Buddha
    I am another you. You are another me.

Re: Affirmations in OBEs not working

Persevere in these things and try new ways of solving these issues.

For example, speak your affirmations louder and more commanding.

The higher self often sets challenges for us. In your case, limiting your movements. Your task is to overcome these things.

Use this time to explore what you are presented with during OBE. You may be missing something important, that may seem trivial.

Your beliefs, for example, may be holding you back. Read 'the catch basket concept' and apply this. See attachment

Reality fluctuations are everywhere once you get out of body. They are also in the afterlife. You can control them to some extent by keeping your mind clear and by not focusing on any 'thing' for any length of time.

Sometimes the physical body is nowhere to be found. Sometimes it is easily seen. Try using affirmations on this 'I see my body' etc.

How do you know you have 'spirit guides'?

For most people, the concept of spirit guides actually involves communications with the higher self

robert
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Bruce View Post
    How do you know you have 'spirit guides'?

For most people, the concept of spirit guides actually involves communications with the higher self
    Regarding spirit guides... I never believed in them, but now my belief system tends to be quite flexible and I have a couple of reasons to believe I have a guide:
    1. Robert Monroe's "sleeper class" who was with Bill, whom I'm pretty sure was his guide.
    2. Michael Newton's books about "Life Between Lives" (fascinating subject). He talks quite a lot about guides in there.
    3. I don't know if to relate this to my higher self or to my guide but I remember quite vaguley a dream in which I had a series of scenarios which were tests (I think) and a friendly voice talking to me in between (don't remember much) and also sometimes when there's a disturbance in the area where my body sleeps- there's a voice telling me to get back to the body and then I go back.

But I always keep an open mind thank you so much for kind and prompt response. The article is very informative.
    dontco.
    My twitter inspirational quotes account
    "By your own effort waken yourself, watch yourself. And live joyfully. You are the master." —Buddha
    I am another you. You are another me.

I do not believe or disbelieve in the New Age concept of personal spirit guides. Here, I am following The Catch Basket Concept.

There are clearly, however, spirits that act as spiritual and real life guides to some people.

The actions of what the majority of people attribute to spirit guides are, in my opinion, the actions of the Higher Self. Now, this is something that everyone shares...an intimate and permanent spiritual guide...in the Higher Self.

But I do not agree with the concept that every person is born with particular spirit guides by default. If this were true, most spirit guides need to be fired as they are doing a terrible job.

There are, however, a great many spirits and angels that do help to guide people at times.

I have a very shamanistic approach to reality, and to the greater spiritual reality.

robert