Thread: The breathless state

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Re: The breathless state

I may be able to do this. I sometimes find myself in the realization that I have not taken a breath in what seems like hours. And this isn't just like "Oh well you don't notice your breathing, it's done involuntarily." I make a note of my breathing and I always try to breathe less than what I think I need as to I guess well I don't really know why. I like to take shallow breaths and I constantly keep track of my breathing and pulse. So that being said I have had more experiences than I can count in which I have noticed that I have not taken a breath in a VERY long time, and when I come to this realization my lungs are always empty and when I breathe again I do not feel short of breath and my heart rate is quite calm (I make a note of trying to keep a low heart rate in stressful situations or even just normal life so this is nothing special.) I can't quite recall the last time that it happened but it can happen at any time really. I can be deep in meditation or just walking through the hallways of my school, the place and stress level does not seem to matter. When this first started happening I was afraid and I would quickly breathe in, thinking that I was somehow forgetting to breathe or that I would damage my body in some form, needless to say, it does nothing bad to me. So I can not be sure if this is what Yogananda meant in the book or if it is something different but I felt that you would be interested to hear my experience either way. Thanks for reading. Have a good day.
    Last edited by PleaseJustListen; 6th February 2015 at 12:15 AM.