Thread: Most recent experience in Psychic Development and Mediumship

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Most recent experience in Psychic Development and Mediumship

Here's more to keep you busy reading, CF.

Part 4:
    During the break another question I asked Christine was whether her food choices affected her ability to read mediumistically. Her answer was that it does not, however, she feels nutritious food was more likely to give energy. She noted that a number of mediums she knows are diabetics and talked about a tendency among them to seek out sugar as a quick energy fix. I don’t know if that really singles them out from the rest of the community though.

There were other exercises that, for brevity’s sake, I’m not going to go into detail about, leading up to mediumship platform-style.

Finding the Courage to take the Platform:

The reason you need an experienced medium to guide you when you’re learning mediumship is because she or he can tune into the same spirit and verify that there is in fact a spiritual presence rather than the reader taking information from the sitter’s aura. It is fascinating to watch Christine position herself slightly behind a reader and correct their misperceptions. It goes something like this, the reader says something, the sitter says it’s wrong, Christine says what the spirit was actually trying to convey and, almost invariably, the sitter agrees. Christine at times seems to infuse her energy into a person losing their nerve, taking them by the arm affectionately.

The first two volunteers to jump up and read were the younger people of the group, a friendly guy and a nice woman, who is an actress currently at home with small children. Both did well, particularly the young man who made contact with a masculine looking woman who had had a lot of rejection issues with her family when she was alive and had a tendency to hoard. For a while it was hard to distinguish for whom he was actually reading as he seemed to say things that applied to one sitter and then another. Christine made him turn his back on the sitters to focus on the spirit because she felt that he was often reading one of the sitter’s aura and this was causing confusion. It worked - soon everything he said made sense only to the other sitter.

Interestingly, this guy made a comment I had made earlier about seeing a cream coloured garage door, not the automatic type. For me, as for him, this image went nowhere but I mentioned it to him and to Christine as a psychic impression I’d picked up in an earlier session. Then Rain said she kept picking up a couple called John and Margo, and another woman said she had been getting the same names continuously as well!

The next day my own cream coloured garage door had to be manually operated as we had a power-out just as G and I were about to go to the beach.

Another couple of women was called and again both were successful. It was interesting to watch Christine standing behind one and begin to move her hands correspondingly with that woman, as though they were both feeling something. The woman said, “He has a basket in his hands,” then Christine jumped in with a correction, “It’s a satchel.” The woman added, “He has it across his shoulder,” and Christine replied, “That’s your imagination, love. He’s showing that there’s something wrapped up in fabric inside… a disc or watch or something.”

When those ladies were finished she asked for two more volunteers and no one moved so she said, “Up you get, Donna,” and called on another woman too. I contemplated refusing but knew I’d have to bite the bullet some day and I had done this successfully one-on-one, so I took the platform.

First we sat on the stool and tuned in. The woman beside me began to fan herself furiously as she was having a hot flush. This caused laughter, which released tension in the room.

At first, I saw a little lamb, to my right. I assumed this meant her name was Mary. I said she had silver curly hair and two people claimed her. I noted I was spontaneously looking right. In my two previous readings (both male disincarnates) I had shifted my eyes left. Then I told Christine that I thought I’d made a mistake and that that maybe the person I was seeing was G’s aunt, Alice. She told me that I was seeing it that way for a reason and that I was on track with Mary. So I continued.

I felt Mary was a delightful person, extremely kind, humble and contented. Immediately one of the sitters who had claimed a Mary said, “Not mine then.”

I felt she was probably the other sitter’s aunt. I said that she had a lot of fine lines on her face when she aged rather than the deep lines some people get. Her skin was very soft and she was very soft. The sitter, the American woman I hadn’t gotten on well with earlier, agreed with everything I said.

Mary showed me her husband, a tall thin man with wavy rusty hair. I didn’t mention the colour of his hair because the sitter was red headed and it just seemed too convenient. The sitter told me she never met Mary’s husband and didn’t really know what he had looked like as he had passed on.

Mary showed me a green place near water where she was happy and the American woman said she had retired there. I got the impression she had had children but not specific details. I said she had died without trauma, peacefully in her sleep, which was correct.

I told Christine I felt unsure of things because I wasn’t seeing as much clairvoyantly, which is my primary way of intuiting, but just kept feeling the information and wondered if I was making it up (even though I hadn’t gotten anything wrong as far as I knew). Christine told me that I had a really strong link to spirit and that it was even better that I was getting the information the way I was getting it. This was very encouraging! Overall, Mary just felt good and when I said that I felt she was an evolved soul, Christine agreed completely.

I guess the reading went for about 7 minutes, I’m not really sure. At the end, the American woman said that when she knew Mary, she and her mother would always go to her house for a lamb roast!

The lady with the hot flush didn’t end up going through with her reading, as it turned out. It had been a long and busy day and we were all getting really tired.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper View Post
    I felt unsure of things because I wasn’t seeing as much clairvoyantly, which is my primary way of intuiting, but just kept feeling the information and wondered if I was making it up (even though I hadn’t gotten anything wrong as far as I knew). Christine told me that I had a really strong link to spirit and that it was even better that I was getting the information the way I was getting it.
    I don't know about better or worse, but empathy/clairsentience is my strongest ability. I do kind of "see" stuff (in my mind's eye), but it's more like I'm "feeling" it than seeing it. Like I form a mental image from what I feel, rather than as visual input, if that makes sense. I sometimes hear things clairaudiently, but I tend not to trust that as much because I talk to myself inside my head constantly, often with multiple voices, so it can be hard to tell stuff I'm hearing and stuff I'm thinking. I trust my strong feeling about things much, much more than I trust any other sense, including clairvoyance. To me, the stuff from the heart (which is where clairsentience is grounded, metaphorically) is much more useful and accurate than any other kind of perception. Again, I'm not saying it's "better" (I don't know that it is), but it does seem to me to be the most comprehensive.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leyla View Post
    I just hate talking to dead people though because it feels creepy as hell. *shivers*
    I think it depends on the dead person. I've had some quite nice conversations with some. But others, particularly "ghosts" (restless, "undead", "unfinished business", etc.) do creep me out. I generally avoid them. They always have an agenda.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.