Thread: Mental Projections and the Energy Body

Mental Projections and the Energy Body

This is a multi-part question regarding the energy body and your dimensional theory that I couldn't find concrete answers to in the newest edition to AD:

You say that it is possible to have a mixture of simultaneous memories due to the mind-split, including memories from dream, lucid dream, real-time obe, and astral projection. Can you explain how one can be dreaming and also be lucid dreaming at the same time? Is the mental body experienced during lucid dreams different from the dream body of normal dreams?

If I understand your theory correctly, the real-time body disconnects from the physical body and hovers just above it in the RTZ, the astral body projects from the real-time body and rests in the astral dimension, and so on. At this time, does the mental body shift into the mental dimension and rest there like the astral body does, and is only active during lucid dreams?

Is there ever a time during sleep when the astral body double will go off and have an astral experience without a person's conscious awareness directing it? Do we have astral experiences every night and just forget them or simply remember them as dreams? Or do the subtle energy bodies simply rest and recharge during sleep? You mentioned that some "sleep projectors" roam around the astral in a confused state. Can you explain why this is?

Is there a difference between the normal dream dimension and the mental dimension experienced during lucid dreams? It would seem they are the same dimension, the difference being the presence of conscious awareness.

You said that some projections may be a mixture of both mental and astral components. Are these projections a result of two different levels of experience overlapping, or do they involve the projection of a singular subtle body somewhere in the frequency between the mental and astral levels?

I've found that OBE from the dream body results in what seems to be mid to high-level astral projections, but I believe you said that these are actually mental projections/lucid dreams. Is it possible to astral project from the dream body, or will this always result in a lucid dream/mental projection?

It would appear that development is needed for one to experience higher dimensional levels. I myself started off projecting to the RTZ, and it was only after a good deal of dedicated practice that I was able to enter higher heavenly/abstract/divine realms. But the idea that lucid dreams are projections to a dimensional level higher than the astral (the mental dimension) seems to not follow this reasoning, as lucid dreams are rather easy to achieve and don't require progressive development. In your first edition of AD, I believe you described the Mental Dimension as an abstract realm of indescribable beauty that is unlike anything of the physical world and outside of normal rationalization. I have experienced these higher realms before, and they are quite different from the common lucid dreaming experience. I feel like the mind-blowing divine realms that you described as the Mental Dimension in your first AD are not the same as the dimensions experienced in normal lucid dreaming, which you now also call the mental dimension. Can you provide any insight into this?

Thanks
    Last edited by outofbodydude; 21st February 2015 at 04:16 AM.
    Escaping Velocity. Not just infinity, but eternity.

Re: Mental Projections and the Energy Body

I will answer in the text below, to be clear....

You say that it is possible to have a mixture of simultaneous memories due to the mind-split, including memories from dream, lucid dream, real-time obe, and astral projection. Can you explain how one can be dreaming and also be lucid dreaming at the same time? Is the mental body experienced during lucid dreams different from the dream body of normal dreams?

The mind splits into many parts and aspects during sleep. There can be dozens of 'you' active during sleep. The aspect of you that can be said to be lucid dreaming is the aspect of you that contains the largest quantity of your consciousness. This is like a TV receiving hundreds of TV channel signals, while you are watching one (The lucid dreamer). You may also be recording a couple of 'channels' at the same time. Now, try to explain this to a person that has never seen or heard of a TV, and you will realize the complexities involved in putting this into works that can be understood and grasped.

If I understand your theory correctly, the real-time body disconnects from the physical body and hovers just above it in the RTZ, the astral body projects from the real-time body and rests in the astral dimension, and so on. At this time, does the mental body shift into the mental dimension and rest there like the astral body does, and is only active during lucid dreams?

Please keep in mind that I am using 'analogy' in my description here. What actually happens here is beyond mortal knowing. Both RTZ, astral, and mental bodies are all simultaneously active. But only one, or bits and pieces from some, are remembered afterwards.

Is there ever a time during sleep when the astral body double will go off and have an astral experience without a person's conscious awareness directing it? Do we have astral experiences every night and just forget them or simply remember them as dreams? Or do the subtle energy bodies simply rest and recharge during sleep? You mentioned that some "sleep projectors" roam around the astral in a confused state. Can you explain why this is?

Yes, the astral body is always active during sleep and it will always be doing something, even if this is only talking to a tree or sleeping and dreaming on other levels.

The number of coherent aspects possible during sleep depends upon the amount of consciousness energy available. In this sense, the average person's resources are spread very thin during sleep, and this results in multiple 'fuzzy' aspects sleep walking in various dimensions. A master, however, may be fully conscious and active in many dimensions.

Is there a difference between the normal dream dimension and the mental dimension experienced during lucid dreams? It would seem they are the same dimension, the difference being the presence of conscious awareness.

This is all the same 'dimension'. However, one's ability to perceive this on any level varies enormously according to spiritual and energy body chakra development. Most people struggle to have one awake conscious aspect during sleep. This improves with spiritual and chakra energy body development, over time.

You said that some projections may be a mixture of both mental and astral components. Are these projections a result of two different levels of experience overlapping, or do they involve the projection of a singular subtle body somewhere in the frequency between the mental and astral levels?

Yes, this is best described as an 'overlapping' of various aspects of consciousness. Imagine you are surrounded by dozens of little mirrors. And there are also many pools of water around you. Each mirror reflects a different view of your body, in different lighting, and each pool of water also reflects a different view of you.

You are much bigger than you might thing, in this sense. Consider your higher self, which is enmeshed in every molecule of your body....

I've found that OBE from the dream body results in what seems to be mid to high-level astral projections, but I believe you said that these are actually mental projections/lucid dreams. Is it possible to astral project from the dream body, or will this always result in a lucid dream/mental projection?

Yes, you can 'shift' from the dream state to an astral projection.

It would appear that development is needed for one to experience higher dimensional levels. I myself started off projecting to the RTZ, and it was only after a good deal of dedicated practice that I was able to enter higher heavenly/abstract/divine realms. But the idea that lucid dreams are projections to a dimensional level higher than the astral (the mental dimension) seems to not follow this reasoning, as lucid dreams are rather easy to achieve and don't require progressive development. In your first edition of AD, I believe you described the Mental Dimension as an abstract realm of indescribable beauty that is unlike anything of the physical world and outside of normal rationalization. I have experienced these higher realms before, and they are quite different from the common lucid dreaming experience. I feel like the mind-blowing divine realms that you described as the Mental Dimension in your first AD are not the same as the dimensions experienced in normal lucid dreaming, which you now also call the mental dimension. Can you provide any insight into this?

Perceptions of the astral and mental dimensions depend upon the amount of consciousness and energy available at any one time. So, a strong mental projection, or a strong astral projection, where there is a lot of consciousness energy involved, become very powerful experiences.

Imagine you are in a huge theatre with thousands of people...but most of the lights are off and everyone is asleep. This gives you a dim view of the experience. Not very exciting. But, turn on all the lights, wake everyone up, strike up the band and crank up the sound, bring on the dancing girls and spotlights, and you have a mind blowing experience with great depth.

Analogy is the only tool we have with which to describe these things...making best use of these poor tools we have of words.

robert