Thread: Deep Trance instead of sleep?

Deep Trance instead of sleep?

Hey Guys,

I was wondering last time when practicing trance meditation if it would be possible to make deep trance meditations instead of sleeping? Wouldn't it give us more energy to make a few trance meditations during the day instead of sleeping 6 - 10 hours a day?

Like that I would find a sleep(meditation cycle) like the uberman possible (http://www.collective-evolution.com/...is-not-needed/)

What do you think about that? And maybe somebody of you is doing this already?

All the best

Blog Entries

Re: Deep Trance instead of sleep?

Depends on how deep it gets you. Us humans need a certain amount of Delta sleep every day or else our bodies don't heal properly. If such a deep trance can get you into delta then maybe I'd consider it. Otherwhise, nope.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

There are reports of yogis and similarly conditioned people who appear to replace sleep with meditation. It's possible. However, it's not something that most people would be able to do without great risks to their health and well-being, I think. Sort of like "This yogi has gone without sleep for umpteen years... don't try this at home!"

As CFTraveler notes, you need the Delta wave sleep or your body can't heal properly. I went through a period of about a year where I had constant sleep deprivation due to an injury (every time I'd move, I'd wake up) and I ended up getting very, very sick. I'm still recovering from that, actually. I still have the symptoms of prolonged sleep debt and some other unfortunate things that happen to you when you don't get enough Delta sleep.

Now it IS possible to meditate to the Delta level, but, going back to the yogi or monk example, it's very difficult to maintain meditation that deep. I've been working with it for many years off and on, and I invariably fall asleep, even if I'm sitting up in an awkward position.

So the short answer is: Yes. The long answer is: Not really doable for most people.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Interesting

So the best thing we can do during sleep is to project I guess?