Thread: Weird dream of astral projecting

Weird dream of astral projecting

I had an odd dream a day ago, which I've decided is worth sharing if only for introspection.
    I had actually woken up that morning and was attempting to fall back asleep again. If I keep my mind clear and continue thinking for a while, I'll usually be able to enter a sort of half asleep-half awake state. It's that sort of feeling where you get sort of dizzy/disoriented and you get a sort of drugged effect. If I actually allow myself to fall asleep at this stage, it'll usually happen immediately after this feeling, though I will usually try to maintain that state because this is where the majority of my strange sleep-related experiences happen (lucid dreaming, being fully conscious between the awake and dreaming state, and other phenomena.) For this reason, I continued to try and maintain awareness while gradually slipping into the sleep state.
    As I did this, I first noticed the dizziness/drugged effect that usually occurs. I then felt a new sensation, a sort of numbness in my entire body. As I relaxed more into it, the numbness became more intense. I started losing the feeling and sensation of my body, but was still able to feel it, which is also normal. I should note that I hesitated about 40 hours to write down this experience, so the chronology of events and details aren't as clear, though I'll try to write them as detailed as possible.

I then felt, for the first time, a very weird sensation which I can only describe as being split apart two ways. It was strictly left and right/horizontal, and was not angled in any way. I can best describe this as mitosis, where my body is a single unit, and then splits in such as way where they intersect going in opposite directions until completely apart. Image a cell splitting- it was EXACTLY like that sensation-wise. As my body 'split apart,' the numbness and consequential dizziness increased in waves/pulses.

I started thinking about astral projection for the first time in a while, so I decided to humor myself and went through the techniques in my head to exit the body. I started going through them immediately, not really attempting them seriously but just thinking about it and loosely applying it. All of a sudden, I got the strongest vibrations I've EVER gotten before. This made my strongest vibration in the past look like child's play- it was like a blast. I should also stress how instantaneous this was. One moment I was la-de-daing along, and the next, I got positively BLASTED with very erratic sensations. Accompanied with these vibrations were the exact sensations you would expect if you were standing right behind an active plane engine. First, the wave vibrations of the air was running through my body like CRAZY, I could hear a VERY intense and loud sound loud enough to be a jet engine (but it didn't hurt my ears, as you would expect) and it almost felt like I was being pushed and tossed to and fro by the sheer intensity of the wave. After this much time, I don't really remember the sound, but it was exactly as a jet engine would be- a low humming sound, but extremely loud and intense. The sound of warm air being blasted. I cannot stress ENOUGH how intense this was, particularly the vibrations. It was like my entire body from head to toe was quivering with such an intense vibration that it would actually injure me if it were really happening to my physical body. I experienced this very intense feeling for a moment, and then experienced a repeat of the mitosis situation, where my body felt like it split in the middle and slowly separated in opposite directions, but this time the mitosis was accompanied with these incredibly INTENSE vibrations and this very LOUD and POWERFUL low humming sound, the type of stuff that would blow you off your feet no doubt if it were happening in the physical world.

This all happened in only a few seconds, but at the time it felt like minutes had passed. I suddenly realized how shocked I was, and realized that my shock might ruin the effect which I wanted to maintain as long as possible. I anxiously tried to calm down and focus on the projection techniques, and I started to try counting. The experience was so intense that I simply could not count calmly- I counted from one to ten as past as I really could, in an automatic attempt to match the humming and feeling. When I noticed this, the vibrations began to level and calm, which made me even more nervous- I wanted to keep this up. I tried counting again, and the vibrations thankfully picked up again. I started to seriously consider this- what if I managed a projection!? I imagined going through a tunnel (I was going down fast, and bright colors were flying past me) and I decided to try an exit technique with this.

I felt a sort of snap, and my association with my body completely dropped. I don't know how to explain this, but it felt sort of like a release- like a very minuscule weight I was holding (a ten pound dumbbell maybe) got dropped behind, and that made me go a bit faster down the tunnel. But as soon as I made that snap, the entire thing immediately ended. It ended so fast that it was almost as if the snap was cut off by the re-entering of reality, and I opened my eyes to morning. The difference here is astounding- one moment everything was vibrating more then you could believe, and that low humming was LOUD and accompanied by several other manic sounds (I think there was a sort of static and a high pitched squeal with it, but not nearly as powerful as the humming), I have this dizzy/numbness effect going on, and everything is just so high-paced and dramatic. And then the next moment, the sound is gone, the vibrations are completely gone, everything is just as normal.

I just sort of laid there in bed, confused at this sudden switch. I wasn't even sad about returning- I was just so pre-occupied by that sensation. It had actually freaked me out a bit. What's weird about this is that my body had no real response to it after waking up. I woke up in a sort of spastic way, not jumping out of bed or anything, but more like flying my eyelids open and feeling a sort of jump in my chest. I couldn't feel the vibrations at all, but I could sort of feel an after-effect, like how you put your hand on a vibrating cellphone, take it off, and then still kind of feel those vibrations even though you can't physically feel them. My mind was going through this event and I was obviously very hyped up- the very state of my excitement should logically be getting my heart-rate up, let alone what just happened. But the strangest thing about this was that my heart-rate was perfectly normal. My physical body felt 100% unaffected, as if nothing had even happened! I was trying to feel that pounding sensation in my chest, and when there was none, I tried to check my heart-beat expecting it to be racing, and it was perfectly normal. It actually felt like that phase had already passed, and that I had calmed since then even though I had JUST began to think over what just happened.

This was definitely a strange happening... I can't tell exactly what happened, though I think I was merely dreaming and my thinking transformed into an extremely lucid experience. (I'm figuring this because I feel I wasn't very lucid in this experience- I was even sort of nonchalant at times.) This event happened over roughly an hour between waking prior to this and waking afterwards.

Re: Weird dream of astral projecting

Na sounds like you were out of body with that Snap, (still happens to me although not as loud as it used to be) Great description of the experience by the way, Exactly how they used to happen to me . Sorry it sounds like you didnt get a full memory download of what happened once you were out or perhaps the event freaked you out alittle too much and you threw yourself , by accident right back in. Either way grats on the experience...if you keep it up...meditation and some energy work the experience will start to level off and wont be so wild... sometimes alittle racket , strange voices, or noises but often times nothinig just a warm full body rush as your feel yourself pull away. A cool head is essential.
    I sent my soul through the Invisible. Some letter of that After-life to spell: And by and by my Soul returned to me and answered. "I Myself am Heaven and Hell." - Omar Kayyam

Re: Weird dream of astral projecting

I was thinking it might be a dream because:
    1. I was thinking I had already entered the dream state before those vibrations happened.
    2. I only got those vibrations when I thought about it. In dreams, you can create your own reality, so I figured I simply created it in a dream. The feeling of 'being behind a jet engine' only happened right after I started thinking about how people feel like being behind a jet engine in their descriptions.
    3. Like I said, I wasn't very lucid at times, and I've scarcely done any meditation or energy work up to this point. Though I've been meaning to get back into that.

However, I may have succeeded because:
    1. The vibrations were way above par- they felt much more real than my lucid dreams normally do. When lucid dreaming, there's always a very distinct difference between dreaming and wakefulness: as in there's just a sort of feel or knowing. The vibrations definitely felt 100% real at times, but I've also had extremely intense lucid moments like this before.
    2. That snap at the end was certainly new, and this had new sensations to it. The fact that I wasn't really physically responding to this made me believe that it may have been a projection, since I've heard of it before.
    3. I kind of had a 'feeling' like I had exited. If I DID project, I doubt I immediately went back afterwards. It just FELT like I didn't recover the memories.

Thank you for your insight!