Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Loving self vs. too much ego

1. Re: Loving self vs. too much ego

The ultimate goal is to reduce fear and guilt, and increase love across the board. True self love is not selfish, but also not altruistic to the point of martyrdom. True self love is perfectly balanced. It desires balance in everything - an infinite, perfect state of becoming.

This is love as a driving force. The divine will.

2. Re: Loving self vs. too much ego

Self-love is pervasive. In a state of self-love, there is a distinct feeling (mostly) in the heart that's very uplifting and enjoyable, fear is noted but not given undue significance, thoughts are clear and misplaced doubt is gone, and it's incredibly easy to love others without reason or discrimination. It's a harmonious state because it follows what is true and good.

In a false sense of self love, the mind erroneously latches on to the ego and thinks of it as the supreme self, while also thinking love is a purely mental affair. Because of this, the individual suffers all sorts of emotional distress and mental confusion. As previously stated, the ego is absolutely necessary for human existence, but it's not the beginning nor end of existence by a long shot. False identification of love and false attributions towards the ego's purpose leads to a disharmonious state, which feels very muddy and ultimately unhappy in comparison to true self-love. The ego is absolutely capable of being a good thing, but it's more of a tool than anything. While a tool does reflect the aspects of its creator, misuse of a tool is bound to bring pain and unhappiness. Never blame the tool for how it's used.

Re: Loving self vs. too much ego

Quote Originally Posted by DerFürst View Post
    Self-love is pervasive. In a state of self-love, there is a distinct feeling (mostly) in the heart that's very uplifting and enjoyable, fear is noted but not given undue significance, thoughts are clear and misplaced doubt is gone, and it's incredibly easy to love others without reason or discrimination. It's a harmonious state because it follows what is true and good.

In a false sense of self love, the mind erroneously latches on to the ego and thinks of it as the supreme self, while also thinking love is a purely mental affair. Because of this, the individual suffers all sorts of emotional distress and mental confusion. As previously stated, the ego is absolutely necessary for human existence, but it's not the beginning nor end of existence by a long shot. False identification of love and false attributions towards the ego's purpose leads to a disharmonious state, which feels very muddy and ultimately unhappy in comparison to true self-love. The ego is absolutely capable of being a good thing, but it's more of a tool than anything. While a tool does reflect the aspects of its creator, misuse of a tool is bound to bring pain and unhappiness. Never blame the tool for how it's used.
    Totally agreed...thank you.

Love
    ia
    Core Affirmation: I am loved and I am worthy,
    I am safe and I am free.
    I am powerfully protected.
    I am master of my body and ruler of my mind.
    By Robert Bruce