Thread: Does meditation also "develop" the energy body?

Does meditation also "develop" the energy body?

As per title. Does meditation also develops the energy body in the long term? I'm talking about the basic mindfulness meditation of clearing the mind and focusing on the breath.

Re: Does meditation also "develop" the energy body?

I would say yes cause you get the same energy sensations from time to time but it will take much more time and is not the main goal from this meditation.

Yes but much slower.

Blog Entries

Yes, but indirectly, I would say, and, as WhiteMonkey suggests, much more slowly.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

Ditto. Any exploration will develop the body 'made' for such exploration, albeit more indirectly.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

I've found that meditation taps into my energy body and whether I will it or not, the session will stimulate my energy body.

In my experience I've found that emotion is highly energetic, therefore calming the mind and exploring what lies beyond your mental construct of that idea/emotion leads directly to the energy that created it - if that makes sense.

So, meditating allows you to feel the energetic aspect of thoughts and feelings. I once thought to myself shortly after a meditation session "how come whenever I meditate there's an energetic vibe/echo afterwards?"

I "heard" a response in my mind from my inner self/subconcious then say to me "because you are tapping directly into the energy and feeling it this way".

But to answer your question (sorry for the tangent!) I think energy raising and meditation go hand in hand. I think if you energy raise, you'll end up tapping into and raising energy during meditation automatically.

My two cents

As others have said, it doesn't directly do much for development of the energy body. Meditation does however clear blocks, fears and inhibitions. That makes any energy body development much faster and easier.
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

Meditation is essential to ascension pathworking and is the fastest way to develop the energy body. Meditation and other forms of altered consciousness such as astral projection, lucid dreaming and dreamstate lessons and physical forms such as yoga especially Kundalini or Raj Yoga and some forms of martial arts also develop the energy body. But the energy body develops holistically through the pathworking of the body, mind , heart , spirit and soul.
    ~*~Love , Light & Laughter ~*~

Thanks. I'm a bit confused though. Most here say energy work like NEW is the most efficient way, but Aunt Clair you think meditation is the fastest way? Currently I just do a simple meditation where I clear my mind and focus on my breath, is that a good one in your opinion?

Blog Entries

IMO NEW will work out the eteric/real time body, meditation will work out the astral and mental bodies, and exploration of the planes itself will enhance all their faculties. But it's just my opinion, both are complementary.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon.C View Post
    im not aunt clair but i think simple breath awareness is a great start. Ive had an issue that you may relate to genesis with meditation, its either breath awareness or energy work. cant seem to do both at the same time. trance seems to kick in after a while of breathing meditation, then I would eventually progress to energy work whilst in trance, all things in time though. meditation is beautiful, gold time indeed.

Any opinion is welcome, thanks! Yeah, I also do it seperately. I meditate daily for short periods of time, usually 15-20 minutes, and I do energy work at night (although not as regularly yet as I'd like). Meditation is great and I can definitely feel the difference after about a year and a half of meditating, even for short periods. The main thing I noticed is that my focus is much better when I'm having a conversation and listening to the person speak.
    Last edited by Genesis; 13th June 2015 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Typos