Thread: Buddha back?

Buddha back?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v29clGMWU84

What you do you think/feel/perceive of the nicknamed 'Buddha boy'?

Re: Buddha back?

Interesting... I have no special feeling when I watch the move or hear the name. Buddha just means the enlightened one so everyone can be buddha and everyone is buddha

Ram I think is a Buddha and a high developed being. I think such things are true.

Blog Entries

That's a fairly old documentary. The young man in question is still around, has made a few public speeches, etc. He's still quite the mystic, and he's certainly never been shown to be a fraud in any way.

As for what I think about the Buddha, I am not a Buddhist, though I am reasonably well-versed in basic Buddhist tenets, so I think it would be incredibly presumptuous of me to contemplate the "second coming" of the original Buddha. Certainly, I believe (based on what I currently know) that this young man is extraordinarily gifted in the ways of certain kinds of extreme meditation. I can't speculate on why that may be (well, I can, but I won't). I'm aware that the Buddhist worldview would be that he is a reincarnated Buddha or a Bohdisatva or similar saint or holy man, etc. But, again, being not a Buddhist, how would I know? I can't look at it from inside that framework, because I haven't got the framework from which to look at it.

I don't get any particular feelings from/about it. Intellectually, I do find it extremely interesting and quite impressive on a variety of levels. This is a young man worth watching, so long as he's willing to continue to be in the public eye.

I wonder how this young man and his family have fare during the recent earthquake...
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mystyx View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v29clGMWU84

What you do you think/feel/perceive of the nicknamed 'Buddha boy'?
    i've watched this, wasn't sure what to think about it all, the last time i watched , think it was a few yrs back

i'll take another 'look' ~ Thanks xx

i think i was a little concerned about it all, the last time i watched / saw the video...

Be interesting to see how i 'feel' about it now
    " the core of spirituality is to optimize your personal evolution" ~ Robert Bruce

Its simple why hes a master of those meditation techniques that normally take a lifetime, he has mastered them in at least one previous life. Not that that makes it less admirable.
    I certainly did have special feelings about it. I was having some kind of communication with him, in a way. I havent really visited yet, but im sure it will be good. I always liked Buddhism, I was a monk some times before.