Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: The Love Yourself Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Re: The Love Yourself Thread

Ask yourself in every decision you make this year- what would someone who loves themselves do? everytime you make a decision, no matter how small or large.

PS- wanted to mention that talking about self love is really about being very authentic and open. And fragile and vulnerable. Because it's not really something you would talk about with a stranger you meet on the street for example. Heck, I won't even speak about it with my friends. It breaks social norms. And that's a sad thing, because we live in a world where talking about self love is a much needed process. We get bombarded with commercials, magazines, perfectly photoshopped models who don't even look like themself. People trying to sell you the "dream" even though the dream doesn't exsist. It's their dream, not yours. Looking like a photoshoped doll won't bring you happiness or self love. Buying a certain (expensive) shampoo will not buy you your self esteem. Think about it this way- someone is trying to make you feel bad or small in order for you to put some money in their pocket. They're getting rich in the expense of your self esteem. Getting that second pair of shoes or a prada purse will not make you the happiest person in the world. Material stuff... You don't take them to the grave. I tend to say this one alot.
    Last edited by dontco; 3rd May 2016 at 03:46 PM.
    My twitter inspirational quotes account
    "By your own effort waken yourself, watch yourself. And live joyfully. You are the master." —Buddha
    I am another you. You are another me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dontco View Post

Ask yourself in every decision you make this year- what would someone who loves themselves do? everytime you make a decision, no matter how small or large.

PS- wanted to mention that talking about self love is really about being very authentic and open. And fragile and vulnerable. Because it's not really something you would talk about with a stranger you meet on the street for example. Heck, I won't even speak about it with my friends. It breaks social norms. And that's a sad thing, because we live in a world where talking about self love is a much needed process. We get bombarded with commercials, magazines, perfectly photoshopped models who don't even look like themself. People trying to sell you the "dream" even though the dream doesn't exsist. It's their dream, not yours. Looking like a photoshoped doll won't bring you happiness or self love. Buying a certain (expensive) shampoo will not buy you your self esteem. Think about it this way- someone is trying to make you feel bad or small in order for you to put some money in their pocket. They're getting rich in the expense of your self esteem. Getting that second pair of shoes or a prada purse will not make you the happiest person in the world. Material stuff... You don't take them to the grave. I tend to say this one alot.
    i like Teal's Earrings.... really nice
    Last edited by newfreedom; 5th July 2017 at 09:29 AM.
    " the core of spirituality is to optimize your personal evolution" ~ Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

HOW TO LOVE YOURSELF by Louise Hay

We are all good at giving to others and expending our love to everyone around us. What about you? Do you take time out of your day for you? Which of the below listingspeaks to you most? I invite you to take a few minutes to reflect and find a way topractice Self Love each day.

1. STOP ALL CRITICISM
    • Criticism never changes a thing. Refuse to criticize yourself. Acceptyourself exactly as you are. Everybody changes. When you criticize yourself, your changes are negative. When you approve of yourself, your changes are positive.
    2. FORGIVE YOURSELF
    • Let the past go. You did the best you could at the time with the understanding, awareness, and knowledge that you had. Now you are growing and changing, and you will live life differently.
    3. DONʼT SCARE YOURSELF
    • Stop terrorizing yourself with your thoughts. Itʼs a dreadful way to live.Find a mental image that gives you pleasure, and immediately switch your scary thought to a pleasure thought.
    4. BE GENTLE AND KIND AND PATIENT
    • Be gentle with yourself. Be kind to yourself. Be patient with yourself as you learn the new ways of thinking. Treat yourself as you would someone you really love.
    5. BE KIND TO YOUR MIND
    • Self-hatred is hating your own thoughts. Donʼt hate yourself for having thethoughts. Gently change your thoughts.
    6. PRAISE YOURSELF
    • Criticism breaks down the inner spirit. Praise builds it up. Praise yourself as much as you can. Tell yourself how well you are doing with every littlething.
    7. SUPPORT YOURSELF
    • Find ways to support yourself. Reach out to friends and allow them tohelp you. It is being strong to ask for help when you need it.
    8. BE LOVING TO YOUR NEGATIVES
    • Acknowledge that you created them to fulfill a need. Now you are finding new, positive ways to fulfill those needs. So lovingly release the old negative patterns.

Taken from here.

But don't worry, love. There is also a video! (as you would expect from me)
    My twitter inspirational quotes account
    "By your own effort waken yourself, watch yourself. And live joyfully. You are the master." —Buddha
    I am another you. You are another me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dontco View Post
    HOW TO LOVE YOURSELF by Louise Hay

Which of the below listingspeaks to you most?
    3. DONʼT SCARE YOURSELF
    • Stop terrorizing yourself with your thoughts. Itʼs a dreadful way to live.Find a mental image that gives you pleasure, and immediately switch your scary thought to a pleasure thought.

Great Self- Help post ...

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by newfreedom; 13th June 2016 at 04:18 AM.
    " the core of spirituality is to optimize your personal evolution" ~ Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

Gimmee, Gimmee, Gimmee.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

mr Bean ~ Haleujah

Blog Entries

This is my favourite Mr Bean sketch of all time. Thanks for posting it and reminding me.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyWoman View Post
    This is my favourite Mr Bean sketch of all time. Thanks for posting it and reminding me.
    Mr. Bean was soo Fun xX.

Memories of myself & the kids when they were young 'laughing' - Gud-Times

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast