Thread: Backed off trying to have OBE

Backed off trying to have OBE

I have backed off trying to have an OBE. I would lie for hours between awake and asleep, then I would have trouble actually going to sleep. I have however continued to meditate.

Anyway, I periodically observe myself falling asleep if that makes sense. The other night, I was really tired, and I layed down in bed and did that. All of a sudden, I could see through my eyelids. It caught me off guard and startled me all the way back out. It was pretty cool though.

Thoughts?

Re: Backed off trying to have OBE

Id say don't give up. You might be closer than you think. You're probably ahead of me, I cant even see through my eyelids yet... although I'm not entirely sure why that is..(im on day 37 when typing this). If you gotta take a break then do that but jump back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ator27 View Post
    I have backed off trying to have an OBE. I would lie for hours between awake and asleep, then I would have trouble actually going to sleep. I have however continued to meditate.

Anyway, I periodically observe myself falling asleep if that makes sense. The other night, I was really tired, and I layed down in bed and did that. All of a sudden, I could see through my eyelids. It caught me off guard and startled me all the way back out. It was pretty cool though.

Thoughts?
    I remember how it was for me when I started conrollingly to learn to OBE...I did also lie hours and hours inbetween waked and light trance and suddenly I learned to be awake in Dreams...I have Always seen through my eyelids so this was nothing new to me...but to be awaken in Dream was....but it took years for me Before it happened.....also when I did fall off my body in my apartament, that was also a surprise, I thought I got stroke Before I understood I was out of my body....it was hugh for me....so keep going

Love
    ia
    Core Affirmation: I am loved and I am worthy,
    I am safe and I am free.
    I am powerfully protected.
    I am master of my body and ruler of my mind.
    By Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

Seeing through the eyelids is a type of projection, in which you are 'seeing' with your etheric body. Sometimes doing an exit technique (but not always) works to have that OBE.
    But from the description of your problem, I believe that if you decide to practice again, you should do it maybe once or twice a week, and not at bedtime- wake up two hours earlier than 'normal' time, and get up, walk around planning your 'trip' and then go into your routine from where you practice usually. This won't interrupt your sleep cycle and you'll be more prone to separation provided your exit tech is strong enough.
    By the way, watching yourself sleep is the best way to get a spontaneous projection.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.