Thread: Spinning Technique Problem

Spinning Technique Problem

I have been working the spinning technique from MAP where you try to shift your point of awareness around the room. I have a REALLY hard time trying to shift my awareness behind me. It's like I'm so conditioned to use my eyes, my brain won't let me shift awareness anywhere that would be outside of my line of sight if my eyes were open.

Does anyone else have that problem? Any suggestions on how to overcome it?

Re: Spinning Technique Problem

Try before you meditate to walk behind yourself a few times. Try to be totally aware of this and keep the way you see the room and all the feelings in mind. This will help you to reproduce it in meditation.

All the best

Blog Entries

I have the same problem, Ator. I think it's a very difficult exercise, but worth it in the long run.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

i find that the spinning method is really easy, just pretend that your feeling like your spinning

Blog Entries

The method described is called 'spinning', but it's not like that.
    You sit in the middle of a room, and imagine you're walking along the room, in the front, looking and touching -slowly. There is a tendency to try to move your body towards the direction of your thoughts, since you're going around the room and you're supposed to feel and 'see' the walls and objects with your eyes closed. It's especially hard when you're 'behind yourself', touching, and looking. You have to fight the feeling of double awareness you get from being behind yourself.
    It's a great exercise for visualization, and when you're done, it's strangely grounding.
    But it ain't easy.

Also, for clarification- you're not supposed to 'see yourself doing the other thing' as a separate entity, you're supposed to 'be' standing there, in front of the wall/furniture, etc., touching and looking while sitting in the middle of the room at the same time.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ator27 View Post
    I have been working the spinning technique from MAP where you try to shift your point of awareness around the room. I have a REALLY hard time trying to shift my awareness behind me. It's like I'm so conditioned to use my eyes, my brain won't let me shift awareness anywhere that would be outside of my line of sight if my eyes were open.

Does anyone else have that problem? Any suggestions on how to overcome it?
    i recently learned the spinning method is a real method for ap, since childhood when i lay down for bed, i would feel as if im spinning, if i focused on this sensation i can control it, make it faster or slower.
    to feel this sensation, just pretend you are feeling it. within a few seconds, you will really feel yourself spinning. remember if spinning is not for you, you can try pretending your legs are being strected back n forth, or pretend your feeling yourself sway back n forth like your on a hamic.what ever your more familar with with work.im not sure how to ap from those sensations, but i can induce them at will and make them very intense