I don't personally like the exit technique you quoted, because it doesn't put you out of your body; instead it puts you in your body looking out at a visualization. The minute you start 'making the astral body' or 'visualizing yourself 'over there' you're grounding yourself and becoming a spectator from within your body. I do realize this is one of the most popular methods taught in magic but I suspect it's good for 'building the energy body' more than projecting. (my opinion.) You can do the same technique (if you're intent on it) by placing your firsthand conscious awareness in the position of that constructed body- that is, if you were 'there', you would see the environment around you- imagine seeing the exact environment of where you're imagining yourself being. And if this is too difficult (such as, standing near the front door) use another location, one in which you can be in the same position (but not location) as your body- if you're laying down in your bed, 'be' in the couch laying down, imagining the surroundings of that room, what you would be seeing if in that room. This kind of thing. You might also want to physically go to the other location and 'drink in' the surroundings, so when you do the exercise it's easy to put yourself there.
If not, change the exit technique to a more dynamic one that pushes you up or out, such as the rope technique or the waterski technique, both my favorites.