Thread: Diet Suggestion?

1. Diet Suggestion?

After browsing through the book, I noticed it suggested to avoid lots of heavy food, specifically protein, since it tends to "ground" an individual for OBE practices. I usually have time in the morning (9am-10am) or early afternoon (2pm-3pm) to do my practice, but most of my meals include some form of protein. I am completely fine having some other snack to hold me over, but lately I have had opportunities to train in the morning, but my breakfast usually consists of sausage/eggs (which is loaded with protein haha). I have come close to some OBE exits (heart center beating fast, vertigo, etc.) and I would hate for protein to be the cause of me being grounded.

Does anyone have a suggestion on what sort of diet to have whilst doing the program? I know it says something like low-fat low-protein, but I'm curious if people are able to project still whilst having a different diet.
    If you do have a diet with some protein in it, how long should I wait before practicing my MAP program? I would hate to go through the work of projecting only to find out that the eggs I had that morning are the thing keeping me from not getting a projection haha.

Thanks!!

Re: Diet Suggestion?

I'm just curious , what exactly lead to the belief diet is holding you back?

I just read the book part , I mean how would this specifically apply to you

4. Re: Diet Suggestion?

It's not a belief that it is, I just want to ensure that I am doing everything within my power to allow my body to project. When I came across how diet can be "grounding" you, it's not out of question to think that it could be a factor of having difficulty to project. I just want to know how much it could affect projecting, and if others have projected without much care to their diet.

but "growing boys need nutrition" too ! , I hope you take that into account too.

lots of luck on your astral projection endeavors

Blog Entries

To tell you the truth, I don't think it affects you at all, except for the obvious things (like drinking alcohol or taking sedatives and numbing your discernment).
    I have always projected spontaneously, and in my thirties I became a vegetarian (not vegan, I ate fish every once in a while). After approximately three years of vegetarianism, on Thanksgiving, I had turkey. The very next day, I ate the biggest, greasiest hamburger I had ever seen. That night I had my first projection after three months of practice- and after that I went on to project at least once a week- for a few years.
    I believe that there is a lot of 'learned' limiting factors that come into play. If you believe meat is 'bad', and eat it, it will affect you adversely, because the guilt will ground you. There is also some pseudoscientific babble about 'energy fields' and 'ley lines' and this type of stuff that only teaches you to think it's one more thing that will make it 'not work'.
    If you're a vegan because it's a life choice, then be a vegan. But don't limit your options (beyond the obvious, as I explained before) because you think there is some magical aspect to this that requires some sort of asceticism. This is a learned limitation that comes from the religious mindset, and nothing more.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    This is a learned limitation that comes from the religious mindset, and nothing more.
    not just religious situations and mind sets adding to it but others factors (like you mentioned , asceticism , the thinking that this is bad and if avoided , it offers reward).

the thing is if someone is so fanatically driven to a cause , they start looking for secondary options after having tried the basics we all did while in hot pursuit, the mind-awake and body-asleep mentality and things like thinking certain times , conditions and situations are conducive - and that as a phase wears off , if the OP is driven to secondary options he might avoid meat entirely and turn malnutritional ,( I honestly don't approve of strict veganism , I think vegans are fanatics) , the malnutrition at a young age for things are that are going to happen at their own rate , regardless of whatever you do are going to happen anyway , might be in vain (nothing will come out of it).

that's why I said don't ignore nutrition , specially at an age where things are being assembled in the body and have lasting results later on in life.
    A lot of young people play a lot in the sun without protection and think it does nothing , sure it might not do anything at the time but often results in skin cancer later on life. (similarly don't mess with your nutrition because it has repercussions later on in life)

On the exact converse if you over-do meat ( which is all protein ) , like the Atkins diet and make ketone bodies in your body - then that's just deplorable too (all just to lose weight).

But perhaps this belief that if "meat is bad and if I avoid it , I will gain success" is used as extremely severe practice ( hypnotizing or some how forcing this belief into your acceptance with implicitly , it will work ( by brute force ) .
    Every time when something happens to your want , you will say "Oh surely this take place because I avoid meat".That way everything that happens WILL happen because of it.

Blog Entries

True- confirmation bias.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

If I can chime in here, I'd like to just offer some general life advice that should apply here. Whenever you set out to do something (just starting), you are almost never ready/prepared for it. You can come up with all sorts of reasons why something might not work, and some of those things might be good reasons, but you just have to say "eff it" and start. You'll come across obstacles and you will overcome them and move on.

In the case of astral projecting, I can tell you right now that the food you eat isn't going to be what holds you back. Fear will most likely be your main obstacle throughout your "journey". But whenever you have concerns, just remember that you will get past them and that you will move on, just like everything else in your life.

10. Re: Diet Suggestion?

Thank you all for the reply. To say again, I have had no problems with whatever I ate as it pertains to astral projection. I only inquired because Adrian had mentioned in his book:

If the sticking point is in or near the stomach, this can be a symptom of an improperly digested meal. Digestion, especially of heavy protein, requires a significant amount of energy. Undigested meat can also cause problems. OBE exit attempts should be done well after one has eaten a heavy meal.

and again:

First, I have a light meal—perhaps a salad— an hour or two before I go to bed. I don't bother to attempt a projection on a stomach full of protein because it doesn't work! Protein is very grounding, so you'll be "grounded" until you're done digesting. In general, try not to eat protein (or anything for that matter) after 6:30 p.m. if you want to project at night or early morning.

I had no problems with it, I just wanted to see what everyone else's opinions were on the protein matter, if they found that it either aided or halted their OBE efforts.