Thread: Qi Gong vs NEW

1. Qi Gong vs NEW

Hello Robert,

What are the fundamental differences between New Energy Ways and Qi Gong?

Are they not both systems working toward the same ultimate purpose, which is to circulate energy through the energy body in order to build it up?

I can see how learning Tactile Awareness from the NEW material can be applied to Qi Gong practice in order for those who weren't already doing that to start actually feeling the energy, but besides that I'm wondering if there are any major differences that really set the two apart.

Re: Qi Gong vs NEW

Qi Gong is more developed, as is Pranic Healing, than NEW - Body Awareness Tactile Imaging.

All these systems work through body awareness of kinesethetic senses, although only NEW actually teaches this up front.

NEW basics can be learned in minutes, and so is extremely helpful for learning how to 'feel' and 'move' energy for Qi Gong and Pranic Healing.

All these systems are closely related, and validate each other.

The main downside to Qi Gong and Pranic Healing is that they have become dogmatic and are not open to new things, whereas with NEW you are encouraged to experiment and explore.

peace, robert

3. Re: Qi Gong vs NEW

Hello Robert,

This makes sense and clarifies things.

Is there any particular form of Qi Gong that you recommend, perhaps? I've tried my hand at a few different forms, and have recently read that "Primordial Qi Gong" is supposed to be one of the most powerful.

4. Re: Qi Gong vs NEW

Hello Robert,

I hope that all is well and peaceful in your world!

I'm actually still curious to know whether or not there is any type/form of Qi Gong that you might recommend, so I thought I'd give it a shot by giving this thread a "bump".

Thank you!

Re: Qi Gong vs NEW

Yes, these systems, while similar, have quite different origins and philosophies.

There is a good case for learning NEW basics, and then learning QiGong. However, most people prefer the openness and versatility of NEW, and how you can accurately focus on any part of the body, inside or without, and work on that in various ways.

NEW is based on body awareness tactile imaging phenomena, and the methods and techniques and applications were built from the ground up using logic, based on what works.

QiGong, and Pranic Healing, are based on ancient traditional methods, and there is little room for innovation. The big focus here, it seems, is the circulation of energy.

Again, the big difference is focusing on body awareness tactile imaging first, so you don't have to incidentally discover this focus along the way. This is why it takes one year of practicing QiGong for one hour a day to start feeling significant energy. And, with NEW, the same thing happens in minutes.

I have, many times, tried to share my discoveries with these traditions, and others, but I have found they are generally closed to new ideas. I have also tried to share my discoveries with practical psychic self defense with the Catholic church, but the dogma protection and closed mindedness there is extreme.

The father of Pranic Healing, Master Choa Kok Sui, tried to keep the practice open to new ideas, to avoid dogma, as i am sure many masters have tried in other disciplines in the past. All fail at this because of the nature of humankind, which leans towards dogma.

It should be possible to combine all these styles into one awesome super style.

robert

6. Re: Qi Gong vs NEW

That is fascinating, thank you for sharing Robert!

I can just imagine how awesome the super style would be.