Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dreaming before sleeping?

Blog Entries

Dreaming before sleeping?

I seem to be able to dream before I even go to sleep.
    Even when I'm on my computer late at night, I can hear people calling my name and I know the people, but they're all sleeping and it kind of annoys me because when they do call my name, it's loud!

I could be sleeping, yet at the same time be conscious of my surroundings meaning I can wake up at will.
    Just over the past 2 months it's been happening. My dreams become incredibly lucid and I can remember every single detail of my dreams which I can recall at anytime.

What could this possibly be?

Re: Dreaming before sleeping?

I don't understand when you say there are people calling out your name , and you say they are sleeping? how can people who are asleep call you out your name?

Blog Entries

I think I would guess you're in the real time zone and these are reality flactuations, maybe.
    My twitter inspirational quotes account
    "By your own effort waken yourself, watch yourself. And live joyfully. You are the master." —Buddha
    I am another you. You are another me.

Blog Entries

Yes, reality fluctuations or your imagination.
    Grant

agreed , imagination.

Blog Entries

Man. I must have a strong imagination to be hearing them as loud as they are : )

Blog Entries

I'm thinking hypnagogia. You're going into a deep trance while sitting in your computer. This tells me you need to sleep more.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

I start to "dream" before I'm asleep, and if I'm particularly tired, I have dreamlike thoughts and experiences (though milder than full-on sleeping dreams) while I'm awake. I personally think this is most common in people who are more "in touch" between the conscious and the subconscious minds.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

If you've been awake for too long, it could be that your astral hearing or clairaudience is being activated while you're awake, and you're hearing the "sounds" of the RTZ. How long were you awake for without sleep when these incidents happened?
    AKA Silver Firefly — If I had to reincarnate as an animal, I'd choose to come back as a bonobo.

~ Manipulation is a tool that's too often abused.

the think OP has started exploring his/her liminal sleep stage.

other than Cf I know just about one other person , trained or having forte in it.Someone else I know works in it , from what he tells , hypnogogic (hallucinationary state while going to sleep) or hypnopompic (altered states while waking up from sleep) are things that be used for a myriad purpose.

He once told me to imagine him floating above me while I was going to sleep and waking up from it and he'd show up in one of my dreams.That's exactly what happened ( and my dream recall is as extant as snow flakes in june)

Liminal defines as "occupying a position at, or on both sides of, a boundary or threshold" I reckon it's use , practice and appliance are just as valuable as lucid dreaming or trained dream programming or deep trance state meditation etc.