Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Any ideas and recommendations pls

Blog Entries

Re: Any ideas and recommendations pls

Thanks dontco.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

MariaBennett Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dontco View Post
    What he said and also, we have awesomely wise mods, they really give great answers. And also- welcome to the forum! hope you enjoy your time here.
    Thank you Dontco and CFTTraveler, god to feel welcomed I am still a beginner to the practical side, theoretically much wiser... but that's the thing, isn't? - merging one with the other.

MariaBennett Guest

Hi Guys,

Since you have been so responsive and nice to me I was wondering whether you could help me out. Below is the question I had to Bruce.

"Dear Bruce,

Since November last year I have been meditating intensively (I was at home following a lower back injury for several months not working, with no other commitments). It’s has been almost 6 months now and I have not succeeded with experiencing out of body experience. I have experienced vibrations, various sensations that feel like pressure changes etc. My life has become richer and I can observe number of synchronicities unfolding every day however no lack with the actual separation. I will try to be as honest as I can and describe in details what I do. I recognise that I am achieving a stage that feels like a rushing type of movement, when every thing feels like it’s contracting towards one point however that occurs without any noise or sounds like what some people describe. My issue is that when I get to that stage (that sometimes takes 2 hrs to get to) the rushing feeling it’s a bit like a turbulence and two feelings are accompanying it: one, my eyes start to move very fast like a rapid eye movement that unfortunately causes me to open my eyes and blows the whole thing out, the other felling that occurs is… not a heart palpitation per se but like a heart arrhythmia - I can feel several singular heart beats that feel very laud and echoing through my chest. Initially, that would scare me and I could feel adrenaline rush that would cause my hands to sweat cold, and I think this was also stopping me from progressing. These two symptoms, the eye movement and the arrhythmia are 100% given, they occur every time when I achieve that rushing / contracting stage.

Yesterday, I thought to get creative. I was home alone, I had time, I switched off all the air-conditioning units in the house and fans (I live in a tropical Queensland), I switched off WI-FI, I moved my recliner chair so my head was facing perfect North, and I thought in order to avoid the eye opening problem I will use the ping pong balls the Ganzfeld’s experiment style. I also put a lamp with red light over me. I did that to maintain the feeling of no stimulation even when my eyes open. I have tried using eye covering in the past but I would still open my eyes under it and the material would rub my eye making it quite painful and distracting. Once I set it all up, I first meditated to Between Worlds from Monroe that puts me into a deep trance state when I can feel my body getting very heavy and the vibrations become obvious. Following that, I set up my playlist to play the Hemi Sync Meditation track that I understand is predominantly pink noise and the delta /theta beats. An hour and a bit into it, I was half way through the hemi sync recoding I experienced the heart arrhythmia, but I kept breathing evenly and then I experienced the eye movement sensation, I could tell my eyes opened for a bit but it did not destroy the experience luckily and I kept going on. I got to feel the rushing / contracting feeling (as if I was rushing through a tunnel without seeing the tunnel – I really don’t know how to accurately describe it) and then it stopped, and I felt lightweight. Saying that, I did not see anything, I could still feel my heavy body pressed into the fabric of the recliner chair at the same time as I was feeling the lightweight. I could also hear the sounds in the room (like the geckos making noises) and the Hemi Sync recording but the sounds were changed as if they were further away from me. I did hear like a very subtle thin new noise that was a bit electric, outside of the pink noise. The new noise was like something you get to hear when walking into a room where there is a lot of electrostatic energy, very subtle. For few minutes I was just ‘hovering’ like that unable to move or see anything. Eventually, I gave up and decided to wake up. I felt really refreshed like after a good afternoon nap.

I would really appreciate if you could suggest anything, I don’t even know what was that exactly and what to do next. It has been so many months I am religiously meditating that I am getting to the stage of giving up all together and calling it all BS. I should add I am not very imaginative person. I am much better with sounds and smells, which is why most of the methods out there completely don’t work for me. For instance when I meet people I do not recall their faces or what they were wearing but I will remember how they felt and entire sentences they said to me even a long time later. At school I never needed to make any notes. Any info, I will be grateful for.

Sincerely,

Maria"

....This occurred several times now.I am pretty sure the feeling I experience is a shift in density but I am not out, I am certainly not able to see anything, I just feel light, awake and all the cloudiness sort of thing dissolves in my head and I can hear myself sleeping. I wonder whether the seeing issue is because I am such not a picture person, I have the worst attention to detail, can drive to the same place for a year and still don't know how to get there sort of thing...I do have a good switching off ability tho.. when I am surrounded by a crowd I can cut them off completely and not notice anybody - that ability always helped me to do well at uni with exams etc. I wonder whether there is anyway in which I can use what I' m good at to help myself rather than trying to develop the imaginative skills as I am afraid that may not happen (like no joke, I have been in a relationship for 12 years and when I think of my other half when I am at work I cannot remember his face!).

Blog Entries

Hi Maria.
    What you describe can be called a few things- it has happened to me a few times. It seems that because of the third eye stimulation given by the ganzfeld effect, you had an astral projection (with a tunnel exit) but did not have an OBE in the strict sense of the word, since what you projected was your conscious awareness without having a 'mind split' effect, instead perceiving the bilocation that usually is not present in the beginnings of a projection practice.
    Since bilocation is not something that the brain accepts as possible, and because of the 'physicality' of a real time zone projection, usually a mind split effect happens, with the strongest 'input' being received first, and the weakest next, so usually OBEs are perceived as sequential events in which you get out, come back, and are only in one place at a time, but in reality, you are 'there' and 'here' at the same time, but usually don't remember it that way, unless you have had a few years of practice and the mind starts accepting a different reality.
    It is possible that you're in the stage in which you can exit without paralysis and can perceive bilocation, or somehow short-circuited the process combining hemi synch and the ganzfield effect (which usually causes visuals,) and that is possibly why you had this 'remote viewing'/tunnel exit/staying in body combination experience.
    I'm not sure what advice I can give you, it really depends on what you're trying to do. I just go with the flow with whatever happens, and when I exit without being paralyzed, I try to do an exit technique that allows me to move out without moving my body, but it's not that easy.

Blog Entries

I agree with CF probably mind split. IMHO, keep practicing, you will consciously go out of the body at some point, if you do. Maybe you should see a doctor about the arrhythmia.
    My twitter inspirational quotes account
    "By your own effort waken yourself, watch yourself. And live joyfully. You are the master." —Buddha
    I am another you. You are another me.

MariaBennett Guest

Thanks CFT Traveler. I do experience sleep paralysis very much so, I just can't see anything and I don't 'get out'. This makes me wonder whether I do not get out sort of speak because I do not have the imaginary skills. I have taken hallucinogenics before, everybody around me was tripping and I did not get any visuals what so ever.

MariaBennett Guest

Can I also ask, how long does it take you, now that you are experienced to OBE? Is it only during your night sleep? I am asking as I was watching Thomas Campbell the other day and this guy talks about being able to do it at will, he provides examples of walking in the park and talking to a friend while having OBEs, or just putting on pink noise for few minutes and off you go. I wonder whether there is anybody on this forum who got to that stage?

I was once was sitting in a meeting and I had experienced like a sensation where everything in front of my decomposed, I could see air being made of particles, and I felt like I was not really there and my senses just switched off, the people around the table (there were about 12 of them) kind of zoomed out as if they ere far away and the sound was completely gone. Following that I was seeing haze around people, animals and objects for 3 weeks. I thought I had a brain tumour or something, got tested and everything and eventually it went away.

img-thing (5).jpg
    ...CONVERSUS...
    img-thing (3).jpg

Total Eclipse of the <3 -
    Http://youtu.be/cvLNRO41o64
    2016-04-23 14.38.13.jpg
    04/15/2014 GMT
    Last edited by Timothy; 23rd April 2016 at 06:46 PM.
    Of the end the beginning•In the beginning Our Self.

"I can tell you,when people cling to bitterness,there is nothing you can do about it,because it's how they define their power.If he [they] can learn to get power from joy, good-" ~ CFTraveler

"Kundalini is known by many names through different cultures, including The Cosmic Christ.
    I think there is only one mechanism built into all humans, but it has been given many names and interpretations." ~ Robert Bruce

MariaBennett Guest

Thank you Timothy... well, my heart gets the arrhythmia

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MariaBennett View Post
    Can I also ask, how long does it take you, now that you are experienced to OBE? Is it only during your night sleep? I am asking as I was watching Thomas Campbell the other day and this guy talks about being able to do it at will, he provides examples of walking in the park and talking to a friend while having OBEs, or just putting on pink noise for few minutes and off you go. I wonder whether there is anybody on this forum who got to that stage?
    I've been projecting spontaneously since I was a child, but when I decided to learn how to do it on purpose it took me approximately two to three months. If I were going to give a guess, I'd say give it three months of steady practice after you've found a method you're comfortable with, and stick with it for that long before looking for something new.

I was once was sitting in a meeting and I had experienced like a sensation where everything in front of my decomposed, I could see air being made of particles, and I felt like I was not really there and my senses just switched off, the people around the table (there were about 12 of them) kind of zoomed out as if they ere far away and the sound was completely gone. Following that I was seeing haze around people, animals and objects for 3 weeks. I thought I had a brain tumour or something, got tested and everything and eventually it went away.
    It sounds like you went into a deep trance possibly followed by slight depersonalization. This self-adjusts if you realize it's a perceptual phenomenon, but if it causes you consternation, then maybe deep meditative practices are not for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2