Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What does astral projection feel like?

What does astral projection feel like?

Hi,
    I want to know how I can tell when I'm about to / when / if I'm in an astral projection?

In other words I want to know what it is like to astral project. Examples could be perception, feelings, movement etc...

What is it like to have an astral projection and know it's real? Or what proof can I make / test out to make sure the astral projection is real and I know that I've astral projected?

Thanks.

Re: What does astral projection feel like?

I find things can change from one to the next. I have a feeling this could be related to development of chakras to the body we are in. Kurt Leland writes a lot about this.
    When I've been in what Robert calls 'Real Time Zone' replica of my bedroom and house I would say,
    Feeling Excited because I know exactly what is happening but in a hazy kind of way because I feel so light.Floaty, nothing solid but I've felt resistance before going through my ceiling which was like slight pressure against a balloon.However I've gone fast into my bedroom wardrobes with no feeling at all. My long see through fingers went through a card with no feeling .
    Only once have I smelt. But then again what is there in a house to smell. I had gone out into the garden for a quick tour and the sweetest of sweetest smell of the grass.It was almost overpowering.

In the astral body once again it can change.If I've consciously raised up from body and then shoot upwards fast often there is blackness at first. If then seeing what looks like space I've heard nothing. Complete silence.Movement is fast.You see something in the distance and almost immediatly you are in front of it just by thinking. No feeling of movement. 360 vision is well talked about and yes this is so quick to happen but I've often only had 180 vision.
    I could go on and on and bore you to death so I'll stop. Many people here including old members no longer here have logged their experiences in the OBE section. When you have time have a good browse through the older posts. So many to read and I'm sure you will get a good idea.
    I think it's important to remember that the development of the senses andthe condition of our mind plays an important part.
    I would highly recommend you reading Kurt Leland's ' The Multidimensional Human ' book.

Ps . I don't know about proving in astral but if you wanted to prove Real Time Zone there is always the card trick. If you don't know this just let me know.
    For ever I'll remember.
    Dreams are the doorways to the heavens.
    Look into your eyes and I see mine.
    She is part of your deepest thoughts.
    The destination is not the importance, but the journey. What we do here leads us to our destination.
    ( my soul. )

Thanks I'll just either have to look on this forum or google it.

I'll try to make sense of what you posted.

Again thanks.

Blog Entries

It's an experience, so if you feel a change in perception other than the blackness or color blobs in front of your eyes, feel vibrations or other such energy sensations, and find yourself hurtling through space, you're having an out of body experience.
    The reality of the experience depends on 'where' you 'land', not on whether you've projected. If there is an exit, you have projected.
    If you end up in your room or in a neighborhood, you're in the real time zone. There you may see something that is verifiable.
    If you end up in a fantastic landscape, you have 'landed' in the 'astral plane', an environment that is reflective of your thoughts and emotions, and is created by the collective consciousness. This may be symbolically verified, or apparent fantasy.
    A realtime projection can be verified if you go to the place you visited and identify what you saw, but other than that, there are very few ways to verify that you 'really' astral projected.
    That's why I prefer the term 'out of body experience'. It's more descriptive and less prone to debates on its reality in respect to the material world.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    It's an experience, so if you feel a change in perception other than the blackness or color blobs in front of your eyes, feel vibrations or other such energy sensations, and find yourself hurtling through space, you're having an out of body experience.
    The reality of the experience depends on 'where' you 'land', not on whether you've projected. If there is an exit, you have projected.
    If you end up in your room or in a neighborhood, you're in the real time zone. There you may see something that is verifiable.
    If you end up in a fantastic landscape, you have 'landed' in the 'astral plane', an environment that is reflective of your thoughts and emotions, and is created by the collective consciousness. This may be symbolically verified, or apparent fantasy.
    A realtime projection can be verified if you go to the place you visited and identify what you saw, but other than that, there are very few ways to verify that you 'really' astral projected.
    That's why I prefer the term 'out of body experience'. It's more descriptive and less prone to debates on its reality in respect to the material world.
    Can you or anyone else give me online resources (or books) so I can verify this?

I've only felt the vibrations and that's either when I'm on my back or sitting (usually in a semi-trance state or a near trance state). I've never gotten (or perceived) past the vibration stage.

Thanks.

Blog Entries

There are various books on the subject (Fred Aardema's work, Explorations in Consciousness, touches on some of this, but he did write the guide to Focus 10, a copy of which we have in the forum), and of course Robert's Astral Dynamics and Robert and Brian's Mastering Astral Projection probably do too, but what is there to verify? I mean, some people have some of the symptoms and others don't. It's a subjective and changing experience.
    I am almost sure that seminal books such as the first one by Monroe or Buhlman's books also describe some of these experiences too.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    There are various books on the subject (Fred Aardema's work, Explorations in Consciousness, touches on some of this, but he did write the guide to Focus 10, a copy of which we have in the forum), and of course Robert's Astral Dynamics and Robert and Brian's Mastering Astral Projection probably do too, but what is there to verify? I mean, some people have some of the symptoms and others don't. It's a subjective and changing experience.
    I am almost sure that seminal books such as the first one by Monroe or Buhlman's books also describe some of these experiences too.
    Thanks,
    I designed (for myself) exercises from Roberts first treatise on astral projection from 1994 (his very first one). It is very well written for a beginner at that time (of writing)and I did / made for myself a 30 something minute mp3 for the point shift exercise. It felt like my head was expanding had an opening. It also felt like my attention (that you use to focus on one thing)was in front of my body but kept switching back to my body and in front of my body (sounds like duality). The same with an exercise within that mp3 I designed where the listener goes to a place from the past. It was the same thing my attention (to focus) kept switching back to my body and then focused (or switched) to the place I was visualizing. The third exercise just felt like visualizing a picture and there was no feeling at all.

Is this a sign of a genuine obe / astral projection? Or at least some symptoms.

Thanks for the reply.

Blog Entries

Robert has called that phenomenon (in the past) a mini-obe. I call it sequential bilocation. I was telling him about this when it was happening (in one of his workshops). It happened to me a few more times, but not very often now. Rarely, even.

So if I keep doing it will it turn into a full obe?

I'm asking cause when I did it for a little time I felt like my focus was in that one area alone.

Also can I share the script I recorded my voice in so you (or anyone else)can tell me how / if I'll have an obe.

I'm going to eventually do a recording of it with the mental hands recording and the relaxation recording. All in one with a relaxation from a self-hypnosis book.

Thanks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by luffy28 View Post
    So if I keep doing it will it turn into a full obe?
    I don't know. Maybe.

I'm asking cause when I did it for a little time I felt like my focus was in that one area alone.
    Eventually you end up focusing in one of your locations, be it in or out.

Also can I share the script I recorded my voice in so you (or anyone else)can tell me how / if I'll have an obe.
    I'm sure you can, but no one can predict what's going to happen, unless they are precognitive.

I'm going to eventually do a recording of it with the mental hands recording and the relaxation recording. All in one with a relaxation from a self-hypnosis book.

Thanks.
    You're welcome.