Thread: Tips on how to physically relax body on side

Tips on how to physically relax body on side

Hi,
    I wanted to know any tips on how to physically relax my body on my side instead of my back?

I'm good at doing it on my back but don't feel as comfortable on my side.

I've been doing / trying self-hypnosis and I've only gotten to a certain point. Not totally relaxed on my side.

Thanks.

Blog Entries

Re: Tips on how to physically relax body on side

If I may ask, why do you want to do it on your side? (And no, I usually do this kind of thing in a recliner, so I have no ideas.)
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    If I may ask, why do you want to do it on your side? (And no, I usually do this kind of thing in a recliner, so I have no ideas.)
    It's just more comfortable. Even though I've been able to get into a trance from my back fine.

It doesn't matter I'll just do it from my back.

Thanks.

Blog Entries

I don't have a problem relaxing on my side. I HATE to lie on my back (no comfy recliner in my house, unfortunately).

Essentialy, relaxtion on your side is just the same as on your back. First, get as comfortable as you can. It can help to use a pillow between your knees or with one knee drawn up, and it can also sometimes help to have a pillow for your head that tucks up against your neck and upper back, so you have good support. Then go through whatever relaxation process you normally use, and keep doing that until you're relaxed. You can go back over areas that still feel tense if you need to do that. It's mostly a matter of conditioning. I can go into full body relaxation in a matter of seconds in just about any position, if I'm comfortable at the start (note that I've been practicing systematic relaxation and so on for many years, though, so it's completely second nature to me now).

Bottom line: get as comfortable as you can, do your relax routine, keep doing it until you're relaxed. Same as on your back.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyWoman View Post
    I don't have a problem relaxing on my side. I HATE to lie on my back (no comfy recliner in my house, unfortunately).

Essentialy, relaxtion on your side is just the same as on your back. First, get as comfortable as you can. It can help to use a pillow between your knees or with one knee drawn up, and it can also sometimes help to have a pillow for your head that tucks up against your neck and upper back, so you have good support. Then go through whatever relaxation process you normally use, and keep doing that until you're relaxed. You can go back over areas that still feel tense if you need to do that. It's mostly a matter of conditioning. I can go into full body relaxation in a matter of seconds in just about any position, if I'm comfortable at the start (note that I've been practicing systematic relaxation and so on for many years, though, so it's completely second nature to me now).

Bottom line: get as comfortable as you can, do your relax routine, keep doing it until you're relaxed. Same as on your back.
    Thanks,
    I've also not (or having) problems relaxing period (especially with progressive relaxation). I was listening to an audio and the speaker got me into it within the audio time. But when I tried it I couldn't do it. It was from head to toe. I know Robert says to do it toe to head. I personally like toe to head better. But is there a way to learn within a week how to do it?

Thanks.

Blog Entries

You can do it any way you want. I normally do toe to head, actually. Just the way I'm used to doing it. As I said, it's really just a matter of practice and conditioning. Whatever works for you (you can mix it up to suit yourself).
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.