Thread: Need your opinion/help on this

Need your opinion/help on this

I really want to attempt another OBE session, but I want more input before I proceed. Please bear with me as this will be a lengthy post.

Let me start with my first experience. About a decade ago, I was very much in the "crazy about lucid dreaming" phase. I experimented with countless techniques and even used various "supplements" in the beginning. After a while it became like second nature and I no longer needed anything to achieve lucid dreams. For maybe a month I had lucid dreams almost every night, until it got boring. Dream characters are so dull and obedient, and they're lousy conversational partners. I got tired of them and wanted more. That was when I started researching on AP and OBEs.

In retrospect, even before my very first official OBE, I might have already experienced a brief one, but more on that in a bit. My first OBE took place in my old house. Let me say that I did not get vibrations, though I did get those a lot during my lucid dream month, and only when I sleep until late. I'd get buzzing and vibrations, and hear voices of people (normally a male and a female) arguing loudly in my bedroom. I'd also be lying in bed with my eyes closed while able to see around the room. Normally, I'd scream at them to shut up. They'd shut up, then I'd wake up all groggy.

I remember using the rope technique. I didn't get any vibration. One second I was lying in bed and the next I was standing next to my bed. For some reason, I didn't even look in bed to see if my body was still there. I stood there for a few seconds, quickly realizing that I'd finally succeeded. The room was really dark and the air was foggy. I couldn't see clearly. I walked to the door and stood there a while longer, gazing at the dark wood. Everything looked so real. I thought to myself that I shouldn't need to open the door and that I shouldn't even be able to, but I could just go through it. With that thought alone, I was immediately standing outside my bedroom. I looked around and found it exactly like the real world. Then all of the sudden I felt an evil presence to my left, coming straight at me from the back of the house. I might've heard a low growl but that detail is not clear to me anymore. My first instinct was to flee. I turned to my right, which were the windows leading outside the house. I tried to fly out but I hit an invisible wall. I started to panic, thinking it was impossible. I should've been able to just pass right through it. It took what felt like forever clawing at the wall, which felt like trying to tear at cardboard. Eventually, I was able to tear through it and escaped. I was now floating in midair outside. I looked back toward the house and saw nothing. No evil entity. The weird thing was, the light was on. Everything looked normal. It was a bit of a blur after that. I remember waking up in my bed with the sun shining in.

About those voices of a man and a woman arguing, I'd heard that before. I'm going backwards a little here to before my lucid dream phase. When I was experimenting with Salvia Divinorum, I had a run-in with them. One day while smoking Salvia, I closed my eyes after a deep drag and saw a red cavern with its wall crawling with human bodies, writhing in agony. Then I heard those voices arguing and I felt hands wrapped around my arms dragging me back. The vision of that red cavern disappeared when they touched me. Somehow, I did hit an invisible wall as they continued to drag me (in the exact same windows spot where I had to tear through to escape that evil entity months later). I hope this isn't confusing.

I did not attempt another OBE in that house again for fear of running into that entity. I moved out years after. But even after I'd moved out, I'd still dream of that house. One time, I dreamed of being back in that house and saw my dead cat just lounging around. A voice told me that my dead cat was alive there. I understood it to mean that if I wanted to see my cat again, I'd have to go back there. Funny thing was, in that dream my current bedroom door and my old bedroom door were one and the same. One side was this house, the other was my old house. Again, I apologize if this sounds confusing. I'm trying my best to explain everything clearly.

Fast forward to present day. I still get vibrations when I sleep in, and only on my back. I'd hear loud voice and loud buzzing in my left ear. I'd be able to see my room with my eyes closed. I don't care for lucid dreams or OBEs now, though. I just want a good night's sleep, with normal dreams. But a few nights ago, I had what I think was an involuntary OBE. I "woke" up in bed, lying on my back (I remember sleeping on my back that night even though I normally sleep on my left side). It was dark and foggy, and I looked around the room, a bit pissy at being awake in the middle of the night. Then I felt a little scared. I guess I felt like most people might feel when they wake up alone in the dark. My bed is king-sized and I sleep alone. It's a pretty big bed. It really felt like I was awake in real because I could see and feel my pillows and my blanket over me. I turned to my right and saw a man lying in bed with me. It was so dark I couldn't see his face and I couldn't tell what he was wearing. My brain immediately told me that it was my boyfriend spending the night. I didn't even question it. I reached out to him, wanting to snuggle. I needed to feel safe and I needed his hug. I snuggled into his chest and he hugged me back. No words were exchanged. It felt like the natural thing to do. Only weird thing was that he felt so thin, almost skin and bones. Still, I didn't say anything and just snuggled with him because he made me feel safe.

I "woke" up again, this time in my old bed, in my old house. I was scared now. I sat up and looked around. I was alone, but I felt a presence. I felt with certainty that something was going to show itself and come after me. This lasted a long time while I began to chant a Buddhist chant. Nothing showed. I realized I wasn't dreaming and I wasn't awake. I was scared and my chant continued. I also continued to wake up in that same bed over and over with the same scenario. I tried to wake up for real, but I couldn't. I kept waking up there. Eventually, I did wake up for real in my own bed at my new house. I was freaked out by the whole ordeal. I reached over to check my phone and the display read 2:45am. I'd only gone to bed less than 2 hours earlier. I also had to pee. I then realized the only reason I woke up was because my physical body needed to pee. I got up, turned on the light, and went to pee, then back to bed. I continued to have weird dreams throughout the night, but they were just dreams this time.

I guess my question is: has anyone had similar experiences? What's going on? I don't want to be blindsided by another event like this. I just feel so violated. Felt like something dragged me out of my body and back to my old house against my will. I have reasoned that I could just be dreaming, but it didn't feel like a dream. I was fully conscious and I couldn't control it, so it wasn't a lucid dream. Maybe I'm wrong. Any advice/input/opinion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading.

Re: Need your opinion/help on this

Hi Syraine,

When I read your post, it hits me and I wonder, what did happen to you in the old house??
    I think this "helper" want you to sort it out, something what did make you sad and fearful might have happened in the old house.
    My experience is that when fear is awoken in dreams or OBEĀ“s must be sorted out, because it is most sure it is a blockage of energy, when something bad or sad happens we make a
    energy blockage and re-arragen the happening to something good, so it can be tricky to remember the origin or the happening, because we do only remember good things and we
    re-areange the bad happenings to something more manageable.

Love
    ia
    Core Affirmation: I am loved and I am worthy,
    I am safe and I am free.
    I am powerfully protected.
    I am master of my body and ruler of my mind.
    By Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

Re: Need your opinion/help on this

I believe you already had had negative problems before attempting OBE, and may have brought them into your experience. A lot of what you have described (the growl, for example) are symptoms of energy body feedback- partial projections embody whatever you are thinking of or are afraid of- what some people call 'dweller on the threshold'. I have had similar experiences to that type, and once I figured out (a long process of trial and error) that the problem was my own 'wild energy', I lost the fear, and tackled the fear at the source- me. And the experiences changed as I changed, and I haven't had any negative experiences since them.
    If you feel insecure, you can adopt some low cost countermeasures, like salt baths and running water- but I do recommend you read the post entitled "Your First Conscious Projection", and might find something that makes sense to you in the list of symptoms and things that happen.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.