Thread: Music

Question Music

Hello, Robert, I have a couple of questions, one is about music. It is beneficial the practice of tactile images in relation to listen music?
    The last question maybe belongs in other section, the question is, How to delete older posts or i put them in private?
    Regards, i'm from another country sorry if my english it's not very good.

Re: Music

Music is fine, but can be a distraction while learning energy work.

Am not sure you can delete older posts. A moderator would need to do that, I think. This is because, as a regular user, you do not have the forum permission level required to edit or delete posts. If you have a valid reason for this, ask a moderator to do this for you.

robert

Hi Fidel,
    Ive attached a link from 2011 where CFT and BWT explains
    why you may want to delete previous posts, why you maybe shouldn't ,and if you do -HOW TO.-

http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...your-own-posts
    For ever I'll remember.
    Dreams are the doorways to the heavens.
    Look into your eyes and I see mine.
    She is part of your deepest thoughts.
    The destination is not the importance, but the journey. What we do here leads us to our destination.
    ( my soul. )

Blog Entries

As to music, I can tell you I don't generally use music to practice projection, but will leave it on when I do energy work.
    Mainly, because you don't have to be in trance to do energy work. If you're trying to get in trance to do it (some do, it's a much more intense experience in trance), then there are a few things to observe:
    The music should be a consistent melody, with regular cadence, and it should be as long as your session is going to be. If it stops and starts, or changes rhythm, or has any startling quality, it's no good. I personally like binaurals with music, because they are made to be listened to for a prolonged period of time, and there are no changes, just the same 4 or 5 notes, and slow and steady.
    It should have no singing in it, and it should not be anything recognizable from your past, no 'favorite song' or anything like that.
    This is because music is tied to memory, and listening to it will bring back memories, and soon you're not meditating or doing energy work, you're just reminiscing about the past.
    You also don't want singing unless it's a chant in a language you don't speak (like sanskrit for me, or hindi, or japanese, although the latter does not suit me) because it will bring associations, and then you'll be thinking of whatever the association is.
    So, if you do feel the need to listen to music, go to youtube, find 'relaxing music with binaurals', and there are various selections that are long enough, pleasant enough and unknown enough to do the job of helping to relax and keep your interest without overloading the mind.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    As to music, I can tell you I don't generally use music to practice projection, but will leave it on when I do energy work.
    Mainly, because you don't have to be in trance to do energy work. If you're trying to get in trance to do it (some do, it's a much more intense experience in trance), then there are a few things to observe:
    The music should be a consistent melody, with regular cadence, and it should be as long as your session is going to be. If it stops and starts, or changes rhythm, or has any startling quality, it's no good. I personally like binaurals with music, because they are made to be listened to for a prolonged period of time, and there are no changes, just the same 4 or 5 notes, and slow and steady.
    It should have no singing in it, and it should not be anything recognizable from your past, no 'favorite song' or anything like that.
    This is because music is tied to memory, and listening to it will bring back memories, and soon you're not meditating or doing energy work, you're just reminiscing about the past.
    You also don't want singing unless it's a chant in a language you don't speak (like sanskrit for me, or hindi, or japanese, although the latter does not suit me) because it will bring associations, and then you'll be thinking of whatever the association is.
    So, if you do feel the need to listen to music, go to youtube, find 'relaxing music with binaurals', and there are various selections that are long enough, pleasant enough and unknown enough to do the job of helping to relax and keep your interest without overloading the mind.
    Good reply. Peace..
    Last edited by Neophos; 19th May 2017 at 01:44 AM.

Intermission Concessions??
    Http://youtu.be/DuADIiUrZvI

Levity
    Last edited by Timothy; 19th May 2017 at 03:54 AM.
    Of the end the beginning•In the beginning Our Self.

"I can tell you,when people cling to bitterness,there is nothing you can do about it,because it's how they define their power.If he [they] can learn to get power from joy, good-" ~ CFTraveler

"Kundalini is known by many names through different cultures, including The Cosmic Christ.
    I think there is only one mechanism built into all humans, but it has been given many names and interpretations." ~ Robert Bruce