Thread: Energy work: Why has science not proved it works?

Energy work: Why has science not proved it works?

In your opinion, do you think science will eventually prove energy work to be a real thing?

There has been various studies on meditation and it has been scientifically proven to work. Why do you think there are no such studies for energy work, NEW more specifically? Do you think most of the benefits could simply be a placebo?

Blog Entries

Re: Energy work: Why has science not proved it works?

Candace Pert did some work on the endorphin reaction/stimulation created by targeted attention on a body part, or at least alluded to it. (In other words, it showed it works.) However, the term 'energy work' is too broad a term to consider when it comes to 'proving' something. So, your premise may not be correct to begin with.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Re: Energy work: Why has science not proved it works?

The nearest you can get to something more than anecdotal evidence, for actual proof of energy work having an effect, is not difficult if you focus on increased activity in nerves. I did some informal experiments using EEG and ECG machines at UWA and ran the results through a phd. professor of physiology. He said that the increased EM activity shown by the tests, of focused body awareness on body parts is caused by 'pre movement neuro firing' of the nerves increasing activity (charging up) when attention is focused on a body part, and then discharging when attention is moved away. This causes some unusual sensations, all produced by nerve activity. This has been my explanation all along, since I published my first articles on body awareness tactile imaging. However, other activity like sensations caused by chakra activity and energy flows triggered by body awareness actions, cannot readily be explained in the same way. Here, it falls into the 'too hard' basket.

I do not expect body awareness energy work to be scientifically proven and accepted any time soon...so we are back to square one in that this can only be proven by doing it yourself.

robert