Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Eye Open - What does it Look like?

LoneCrow Guest

3rd Eye Open - What does it Look like?

When your brow chakra or 3rd eye is "opened" what do you see?

People talk about the fact that you need to do work and eventually your 3rd eye will be opened, kind of like losing your virginity, and from then on it is open. Is this true?

The only weird aspects of this I've encountered is after a month or 2 of trying to do all this astral stuff, I woke up one morning and turned off the alarm, laid back down and closed my eyes and then I SAW through a small tunnel as clear as if my eyes were open a picture of Mars, with the camera tilting and flying and uncontrollable.

Since then I've tried to reproduce the same thing with no luck, I've tried to work on my 3rd eye and stimulate the energy there as well as other places and still no luck.

The best I can do is at the moment of sleep when you don't realize you are asleep and then you wake up, you see something for a split second. Whatever you are dreaming about at the time.

Anyone have any really good techniques to induce this? Being able to physically SEE as clear as with your eyes open?

Also when your 3rd eye is open what do you see? I only see odd patterns and such sometimes with my eyes closed, does that mean its active?

Thx

Celeborn Guest
    When your third eye is open you will must likely feel a strange pressure or throbbing over your brow, which could just be pinpoint or it could wrap out all the around that level of your head, or anywhere in between.

Maintaining the open state is easy enough, you just need to keep some attention there. But it is not a one time open, always open process. In fact, one time my thrid eye was open for three days straight, and I thought it might drive me nuts.

Use NEW or some other similar process to build up enough energy in that area to open it up. Thats really all there is too it.

All that other super fun stuff that you were talking about will come if you have some kind of natural clarvoyance. Otherwise it will take lots of work to slowly develope. People who have this natural ability will often see a bright white light in their minds eye when the thrid eye is open. I sadly do not have this, but a woman that I know does. She had never done anything spiritual before, but while I was giving her a reiki treatment her third eye opened and the white light shined in. Now she gets flashes and visions and such... I try not to be jealous

Celeborn Guest
    It really is not that hard to open the thing up and get it to stay open. Maybe two weeks of practice, an hour a day. If you have natural ability it can take much less. Or if you are that impatiant, find someone who is good at manifesting energy, and have them direct energy into your thrid eye for a few minutes. That is how I opened a few of my friends third eyes (who had no prior meditation experience.

Using drugs is not just lazy, it is also dangerous. If your energy body is not flowing clean and smooth on its own, you are just temping fate...and a variety of Negs. I suspect that this snake, which seemed helpful, was actually preying off of you and your wildly, uncontroled open third eye.

Also I feel I should warn of the dangers of focusing entirely on one chakra to the exclusion of all others. That is a very unbalancing practice which can easily lead to mental or emotional instability. The safest thing to do is to start with the base chakra, or better yet the feet, and work your way up equally through all them.

If you or anyone else decides to use aids, such as mushrooms, after having developed a strong foundation, all the more power to you. But using it as a springboard will only cause problems.

Good luck in trials and training, but please remember that work always comes before success.

allure Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeborn
    Using drugs like that is not just lazy, it is also dangerous. If your energy body is not flowing clean and smooth on its own, you are just temping fate...and a variety of Negs. I suspect that this snake, which seemed helpful, was actually preying off of you and your wildly, uncontroled open third eye.
    Suppose the snake was some sort of neg. But after these expereinces with mushrooms I feel great! You could say I was lucky this time, but I suppose I (and most atheist/jodo-christian westeners) could have never been introduced to spiritualy, if hadnt done shrooms (or some ohter psychadelics/ethnogens). Oh well..thats the whole other story..

I've done lots of reading and energy raising meditation after the last mushroom experience, so i'm looking foward for the next.

star Guest
    I hear that it also helps to work on the areas a bit higher up on the forhead?

And I don't completely understand what is meant by 'open.'

I mean, I can find my 3rd eye easily but what do I do with it? Lol.

Also, I'm a bit unsure if I am actaully bringing energy into my 3rd eye persay. I mean, that I can increase the feeling of pressure to rather intense but perhaps All I'm doing is trying to bring energy into a blocked area.

Though I think I had my best try with my 3rd eye when Tom helped me some, he gave me an interesting meditation to help develop the 3rd eye and sent me energy.

Very kind, thank you Tom.

I always feel unsure when it comes to energy though, perhaps I should seek out some kind of teacher that could clear up my questions.

Though everyone here is always such a great help

and my schedule just keeps filling up more and more all the time and I don't have time to chat on the internet that much anymore.

Dunno if I will have another chance to talk to SpectralDragon, who has helped me wonders in about 2 online session, Thanks man!

But I think that energy work in general just has to be repeated and practiced as much as absolutley possible to really get a good feel for it, that's my opinion anyway.

Matt Guest

Re: 3rd Eye Open - What does it Look like?

Quote Originally Posted by LoneCrow
    People talk about the fact that you need to do work and eventually your 3rd eye will be opened, kind of like losing your virginity, and from then on it is open. Is this true?
    A lot of times when I first enter an OBE have to actively do things to get my sight back, such as using my hands to open up my nonphysical eyelids. So I think the idea that "once it's open, it's always open" is probably false.

Here are some images of what it can look like when you phase into an OBE:
    http://www.saltcube.com/?t=exit-paths

Sachiel Guest
    I think his real question was what does it look like, not how to you open it...

Not sure where that got confused, but I'm interested in both subjects.

LoneCrow Guest
    Sorry didn't get any replies at first and haven't checked back in a while.

No the questions are this basically.

When your 3rd eye is open, what does that mean? How do you feel, or KNOW that your 3rd eye is open?

You mentioned throbbing in that area. I've noticed that I can control my energy even while driving my car to make any part of my body warm, or to even make any part of my body throb. But I still cannot have an obe. I can make my forehead throb ... but how does that constitute a 3rd eye being open?

What do you get when a 3rd eye is open?

I'm wondering if it was like what I saw that one morning.

Other times when I'm at the cusp of falling asleep and I realize I'msleeping I can see a picture for a brief second of something. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of a dream, and close my eyes again and I see flashing patterns of light.

Other times when I meditate, I get lights dancing across my eyes very dim, but moving like a psychodelic screen saver or visualization for a mp3 player. I can almost induce that every time.

But that one time, actually 2 times I've physically SEEN something with my eyes closed, but being wide awake, I have not been able to duplicate. Was that having my 3rd eye open?

What benefits does the 3rd eye give you?

How do you "Feel" Shakras? I've been able to feel a tingling every once in a while when I move energy to a particular chakra. But most of them are pretty much dead, no matter how long I mediate and move energy..

thanks for your replies

Recently since I've been working on this energy work I've predicted several major events, and even some that blow my mind. Things just enter your mind when you quiet it, and if you can remember and write them down, it will amaze you when things happen later.

Planet_Jeroen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by allure
    I got mine open when i ate magic mushrooms. (I hadn't done ANY meditation prior to that) That was really intense experience. I literally saw a snake (or a flexible, spine like tube) attached to my forhead and it was putting information inside of me. I felt like if i could train myself, I can slip within the snake and leave my body
    First of all, the warning Celeborn posted is kind of an understatement. NEVER EVER use mushrooms or any other kind of hallucogen to meditate, or try and have an OOBE. While it gives a nice touch, it also depletes your energy, your aura, and your common sence. You don't want that, unless you love to drive with eyes closed along the highway as well.

And EVERY TIME when i smoked marijuana.
    That one one you can do without as well. Trust me on that one. I used to smoke around 2 grams a day. And not that english / american crap. After a while you get used to it, and need more for the same effect. If you like procrastination, then by all means, keep smoking it. If you like to get somewhere with your life, stop using it, or learn that the hard way.

All I want to say, is that you can safe yourself a couple of years by giving it up now, and, in my case, about 12 euro's a day in the process.

Besides all that, you don't need anything to achieve an open third eye or OOBE's. Just some regular practise. And please keep in mind that this is a public forum... there's kids reading this as well. You do not want to be responsible for kids going the wrong direction cuz they think this might actualy work.

Last note, shaman's are known to use some!! herbs that produce hallucinating effects. They are thouroughly trained tho and not trying to jump-start something.

Just my two cents.

[QUOTE=LoneCrow;2236]When your brow chakra or 3rd eye is "opened" what do you see?

Wh@en the third eye is in the process of opening or activating, usual sign would be nightmares, vivid dreams, profecies, flashes of events, sometimes insomnia, tingling sensation or pressure in the middle forehead( like some energy is trying to come out of it), with time- clarity of thoughts, improved intution and many more.
    Opening third eye is not a very big deal, the deal is how you deal with the situations which comes after opening the third eye.
    It should not be treated as a trend which every people must follow to look cool or something like that.
    3rd eye is the divine right of every sentient beings in the universe and should be treated with care and respect. Our physical eye is the eye of our body, but the 3rd eye is the eye of our soul. When the soul is ready( mature, stable, ready to face the truth, ready to know the working of the universe and its beings), Our soul then automatically advances itself to the next higher level of conciousness without our own mental or physical effort by forcing our third eye to open prematurely(just like you are putting a 4rd class student to give a graduation level exam: definetly the poor child fails in exam because he doesn't know the basics of the middle levels). When the soul is ready i.e, when our lower chakras are ready to serve as a basic foundations for our third eye to stand on and carry on its divine duties. We respect ourself and understand everything deeply and in a more positive way and deal with it in a healthy way. Whatever happens after the activation we face it like a mature beings and try to understand it rather than judging and being fearfull of it. Because we graduated at this point step by step, now we are rock soild, our lower chakras are strong enough to handle the knowledge and experience given by our 3rd eye chakra.
    Opening 3rd eye is a great responsibility to yourself and to the world.
    However, comming to the point: when the third eye starts activating (usually earlier for some people) it usually looks like a tiny glow of light right in the middle of your forehead when you close your eyes and when you are in a meditative state, you see that with time more and more you are focused and in peace within your true self, that tiny glow of light changes itself to a bright hexagonal shape of white light...it does not happens everytime you close your eyes to meditate,..with time and practice when your focus and concentration gets mature..that hexagonal shape of light will turn to a clear little bright star, right in the middle of your forehead and you could be able to see it clearly as if you are looking in the drak sky with only a single bright star. Thats it!