Thread: Inducing trance?

Blog Entries

Inducing trance?

So, I can get deep physical relaxation. It usually takes a minute or 10 to let all tension slide off, and there I am, not feeling my body. Could go on for hours. Cool.

It takes a little more time to zero my mind, letting the little thought trains go by without hopping on, and after a while the trains no longer ride, just like the Dutch railroads. This state is a lot harder to maintain, however, and I feel I need to make some kind of conscious effort to keep an empty mind. Once I give up, I am back to normal, immediately, with the usual chitchat going through my head. No cool.

Is there any way to reach a state of mental relaxation, I guess it is trance, which will maintain itself without conscious effort? I played a bit with ladder/elevator/falling visualisations, but these do nothing more than just ladder/elevator/falling visualisations. Hypnagogic state, yes, but I don't seem to be able to maintain this for long. Also, whatever I try, I don't fall asleep, and the harder I try to meditate/relax/hypnagoogle, the more awake I get.

How should I proceed? Start to drink?

Re: Inducing trance?

Have you tried doing this Cinnibar after you have had your main sleep and still physically very relaxed, cosy and warm and a little sleepy but not enough to drop back off. 5-6-7am?
    This has been the best for me because my mind could silence easier than through the day.
    For ever I'll remember.
    Dreams are the doorways to the heavens.
    Look into your eyes and I see mine.
    She is part of your deepest thoughts.
    The destination is not the importance, but the journey. What we do here leads us to our destination.
    ( my soul. )

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by susan View Post
    Have you tried doing this Cinnibar after you have had your main sleep and still physically very relaxed, cosy and warm and a little sleepy but not enough to drop back off. 5-6-7am?
    This has been the best for me because my mind could silence easier than through the day.
    Doesn't work for me, I wake up real slow in the morning, and if I don't get out of bed, I fall back asleep. Sometimes I think it is a miracle I wake up at all. Thanks for the suggestion, though...

Blog Entries

Looks like I'm getting somewhere! I have reached MAP Chapter 5, and believe I can reach light trance. The key was to improve my ability to empty my mind, as well as feeling the downward movement, instead of just visu/verbalising. It was another 'aha erlebnis', like 'ha, is that what they call trance, I have experienced this before, but never knew what is was'. So, now I know what to look for, I guess I can go deeper and deeper...