I also have never gotten into ritual magick after all, though I was and am interested in magic - but rather I'm searching for its roots, where they came from etc., particularly the extraterrestial sources rather than human-based. I'm also far from anything like XX-th century occultism, wicca movement etc.

However, I several times stumbled upon groups involved in such a stuff, never got involved and interested myself, though. My opinion on A. Crowley is that he was a very inventive, visionary person, a leader who created some new ideas and perceived most of the occult movements he was involved in at those times as "poor", for the reason. But his life wasn't perfect, and having not that much guidance as we have nowadays, he seemed to lost his way.

Certain extraordinary Crowley's experiences had a big impact on his life and viewpoints, particularly his travel to Egypt. He had a contact with different non-material beings and channelled stuff, including his tarot deck. But in time it turned out the channeled stuff wasn't easy to grasp and understand, the most famous of which is this verse:

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law
Which has been interpreted and misinterpreted many times.