Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: MAP Start-up Group

Pilar Guest

MAP Start-up Group

Here we go...week one

I'm starting this thread for a small group of folks beginning the book. I'm starting day 1 here and some others are on Day 6. Rest of the community: Feel free to join in/get support/comment. Hooray for a safe & supportive space! Thank you Robert Bruce.

Aloha
    Pilar

Charles Guest
    Good luck with MAP pal!

I'll have an eye on the thread.
    Keep us updated!

Thanks for making this Jill, this will allow anyone that is interested in the group to participate at their own accord. So far we are 4 strong and we will be communicating thru this thread and if it starts getting too trashed we can each make a Thread Named "Yournamehere's MAP Journal" It just depends on how many hits we get on this little topic. As of 8/30/2006 I am on day 6 of Mastering Astral Projection. The only thing that I have had any trouble with is some body awareness and the sponging action. I cant do the sponging action if my toes needed it to stay attached to my feet. But for the most part everything is going great. I have had some pretty big energy movements throughout my body and Im enjoying the company of the group they keep me in line for the most part and keep me enthusiastic enough to get thru the whole 90 days.

Best Wishes,

Tony C.
    "The function of wisdom is to discriminate between good and evil"
    Cicero

Charles Guest
    I'm also on day 6. The body energy stimulation is also rather difficult for me too. I spend an hour and a half on a daily basis on stimulating the energy; which is way off from the 10 minutes or so prescribed in MAP. Being aware of a specific body part isn't that of a problem for me. Things get sour when I have to move awareness at will. Like Tony, there's definitely a strong energy movements that is felt. For exemple, my feet sole have been vibratings for a whole day.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Great idea, guys (and gals). Keep with it, the more time goes by and the more you practice, the stronger you will feel the energy and be able to control it. I noticed something last week that I was going to post, but this seems a good place to put it.

I have one of those back massagers that you can get at a drugstore for about $35. It has 2 speeds of vibration, is flat and covers most of the back area when reclining or lying flat. I was using it after I hurt my back and had been doing some energy raising. After I turned it off, my energy body was humming, thrumming, tingling, and moving like it had a life of it's own. This continued for at least 30 minutes without any effort on my part. I normally have my energy "start up" on it's own throughout the day from doing energy raising so much. But, this was in overdrive! So, I figure that it works similar to using a feather or stick to encourage energy feeling, but it stimulates on a much larger scale. Thought it might help anyone who is having trouble.

Pilar Guest
    Hey, that sounds like a great tool for Charles! He's been asking about additional methods for raising body-awareness.

I've been thinking of some additional techniques that you might want to add to your repertoire, C, from dance and martial arts.

Do you like to do any tai chi? I was thinking that it might benefit you to include some exercises that circulate energy throughout the system to remove any blockages that might be hampering your body awareness.

'Holding the tree' a chi gung posture, energy 'sweeping' movements from tai chi, and postures like 'warrior pose' in yoga are very good for this. When I do them, I can feel earth energy pushing through my legs and lower body. Myself, I have noted blocks in my lower body which interfere with me connecting to the earth/grounding.

I did some of these postures one day by the ocean and after only 1/2 hour my whole body was vibrating

PS I'm now on day two. I found the energy work went easily for me yesterday and my meditation was an extra challenge because my partner decided it would be a good time for him to go outside my bedroom window and weedwhack

Pilar

Charles Guest
    Thanks for suggestions guys!

Painterhypnogirl:
    The back massagers is a fantastic idea! I might get one too if I'm not able to make progress. I aprreciate your input.

Pilar:
    I did Tai Chi for 4 years. I won't bring the Tai Chi techniques into MAP. I had some negative experiences at that time and I don't want bad memories interferring with MAP. Howerver, thanks for the suggestion

monkbiker Guest
    I'm on day 7 of MAP. I get a pretty strong tingling sensation on the soles of my feet anytime I direct my attention to them - I'm talking IMMEDIATE tingling, within one or two seconds.

I'm having some success with the sponging action and directing my awareness up through my legs, abdomen, hands, arms and shoulders. But all I'm getting is this "tingling"; the same sort of tingling I get when my hand or arm or foot goes to sleep, only not as strong.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by monkbiker
    I'm on day 7 of MAP. I get a pretty strong tingling sensation on the soles of my feet anytime I direct my attention to them - I'm talking IMMEDIATE tingling, within one or two seconds.

I'm having some success with the sponging action and directing my awareness up through my legs, abdomen, hands, arms and shoulders. But all I'm getting is this "tingling"; the same sort of tingling I get when my hand or arm or foot goes to sleep, only not as strong.
    That's the right kind of tingling- it's working for you.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Charles Guest
    Getting better with energy body stimulation. One thing though, while doing the toes/foot energy stimulation, I got tiny spasm from toes and legs. I don't know if it's related to the energy work. Anybody else experience this?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast